Author Topic: Minimum Requirements for Longhorn  (Read 2210 times)

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
Minimum Requirements for Longhorn
« Reply #60 on: 1 August 2004, 06:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by xeen:
According to this, the minimum requirements for Longhorn could possibly be 3Ghz. Is it just me or is that just a little bit fucking insane?

Not really, considering These (CAD) prices.

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #61 on: 5 August 2004, 11:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by floakster:
At home I am running 2K on a 166 with 32M RAM. It's slow, but it never crashes.

Also runs AutoCAD 2004.

On my dell optiplex I can run 2k with crashes.  Its a p1 166 with 64 mb ram.  Slow as shit!

I've tried putting winXP and 2in2k3 on ity with no success.  The hardware was simply not powerful enough.  I have ran Linux with even older machnies (p75) and they work great.

I'll persnoaly think a p4 @1ghz and 128mb ram is enough for anybody.  There is no reason to buy a machnine that needs even more expensive and more powerful hardware just to do the same thing and get the same kind of results with more vouyer power given to M$ corps.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #62 on: 5 August 2004, 11:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Topdawg2050:
Games? Hell yes! Also i like Microsoft Office 2003 pro.

Crossover office runs M$ Office fine!

Love games for linux.  But I'm not a hard core gamer so I don't play often
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
« Reply #63 on: 5 August 2004, 23:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by kn0wn:
I'll persnoaly think a p4 @1ghz and 128mb ram is enough for anybody.  There is no reason to buy a machnine that needs even more expensive and more powerful hardware just to do the same thing and get the same kind of results with more vouyer power given to M$ corps.

"640K [of memory] ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates (1981)