Author Topic: startup &shutdown screens  (Read 770 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
startup &shutdown screens
« Reply #15 on: 4 February 2003, 05:25 »
ohh, i hate to say this..... those look pretty good. i might have to steal it and use it at work. except of course, the internet explorer, ill have to use mozilla  :D

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #16 on: 4 February 2003, 07:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by Xyle: iGeek...:
ohh, i hate to say this..... those look pretty good. i might have to steal it and use it at work. except of course, the internet explorer, ill have to use mozilla    :D  

I'm glad you like it. Now for some XP Mac OSX like desktops. ;P

XP Jaguar Blue
XP Jaguar Graphite
XP Jaguar Brushed Blue
XP Jaguar Brushed Graphite

The moral of the story is. XP is not a fisher price toy like some of the idiots here like to claim(well it is with the default luna but it can easily be changed). XP is very customizable despite it being closed source(That second bluecurve screenie was the default windows taskbar that underwent customization) and most importantly...it is alot easier to get looking good than the majority of Linux distros. ;P

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
« Reply #17 on: 4 February 2003, 08:02 »
Care to post links to these wonderful themes of yours? I get to use Linux 90% of the day, but I still have to work in Windows 10% of the time. Might as well make it look like something I like to use.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #18 on: 4 February 2003, 11:25 »
Those OSX themes are pretty horrible.

But Linux is easy to imatate considering that windows still uses raster bitmapping for the majority of it's screen rendring.

I really don't think it's possible to immitate aqua fully in windows or otherwise.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
« Reply #19 on: 4 February 2003, 11:32 »
Not without a dock! But it's only a matter of time before that gets assimilated into Windows...

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #20 on: 4 February 2003, 11:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by psyjax: plain 'ol psyjax:
Those OSX themes are pretty horrible.

But Linux is easy to imatate considering that windows still uses raster bitmapping for the majority of it's screen rendring.

I really don't think it's possible to immitate aqua fully in windows or otherwise.

they can make it look like aqua, almost, but they can not match how smooth and clean it feels. mac commando  ;)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #21 on: 4 February 2003, 12:46 »
Walt, those are pretty good windows-looking-like linux shots! (if only they weren't covered in internet explorer and all that crap!) but i'm less than convinced by the mac-alike ones. i thought the red hat button was very amusing on your windows desktop.

somebody posted a screenshot in the screens thread that was windows running blackbox. pretty confusing.

personally i think you might as well run linux if you want it to look like that, but each to their own. i can't really talk, remember i went through my phase of trying to get mandrake to look like windows?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #22 on: 6 February 2003, 00:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

So you like Bluecurve ehhh? How about this...XP with a Bluecurve theme and a replacement taskbar(my rig).

http://www.ticz.com/homes/users/waltw/xpbluecurve.jpg

The bluecurve theme using the standard Windows taskbar that has been modified to look sorta like the one in Redhat 8(I said sorta like..not exactly like because I don't have the time to fool with making it look exactly the same right now.)

http://www.ticz.com/homes/users/waltw/xpbluecurve2.jpg

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Can you send me the .msstyles file? I found one on tss2000.nl, but it's not as good as yours...