Author Topic: I actually like WinXP  (Read 2573 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #15 on: 6 March 2002, 22:33 »
Ya, back under OS 9, I have a Theme that looks like Windows 98+

No matter how you slice it, your OS is just playing pretend.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

tsurulez

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.thesaiyanuniverse.nl
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #16 on: 6 March 2002, 22:59 »
I'm using windows 98+XP. I use 98 for games because almost none of my games works in XP!

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #17 on: 7 March 2002, 00:00 »
I don't know what you are doing wrong. *ALL* of my games(even games that are designed to run only in Win9x..like Need For Speed: High Stakes) run like a dream on XP for me.

Maybe you have a low end video card like a Kyro II(I've heard alot of bad about thier 2K/XP drivers)? I have a GeForce(Nvidia has some great driver support backing all of thier cards...even the TNT2) and I've heard good things about ATI's drivers for thier new line of Radeon cards(ATI used to have a bad history with drivers).

You gaming problems is probably video card related. If you have any variation of a GeForce don't be using the default Windows XP Nvidia driver because it is just plain out slow...go download a copy of Detonator XP drivers(go for the 21.85's if you don't have a GeForce 4). You also may need to install chipset drivers to get your AGP working correctly. If you have a low amount of Ram Windows XP gaming performance will take a hit. You do know about Compatibility Mode don't you? It makes the app/games'executable think you are running another version of Windows...there is an option for Windows 95, 98/ME, NT4 and Win2K compatibility, to get to compatibility just right click on the executable or shorcut to executable, go to properties then go to the compatibility tab.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #18 on: 7 March 2002, 21:31 »
Damn, with all that gaming experience, you're ready for the MCSE test, actually you probably already have one.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

lost

• http://www.23.org/
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #19 on: 8 March 2002, 05:45 »
Linux looks plain....how can that be when you have completely customizable fucking GUI's?  You crazy fucktard zombie.  Again throwing this random shit out and once again getting gay-bashed.  You must really like the punishment.   If you want fucking tricky check out enlightenment.  couple clicks and my GUI looks like MacOSX, couple more looks like BeOS, or Windows2k, XP, 9x.  Hey homo, bring something to the fucking table if you are going to attempt to start *NIX bashing.  Take that dick out of your mouth you pile.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

[email protected]

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #20 on: 8 March 2002, 07:43 »
Jeez, that OS X knock-off theme is atrocious.  Nice try.  Too bad it's wrong in a number of key areas.

Tux

I actually like WinXP
« Reply #21 on: 8 March 2002, 16:18 »
quote:
Windows XP is so customizable that you can even make it look like MacOSX(why a person would want to do this I don't know)

the only reason a person would do this is because they dont want to look at the same ugly GUI they have been looking at for years with just a little color and menu diffrence, and they want to dream about someday having a real os that does what you want it to...

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Tux ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #22 on: 8 March 2002, 16:56 »
has anybody noticed that this page now takes ages to load, and all the messages go off the edge of the screen?
That's Zombie6237856738265783256483's screenshots doing that...
Zombie456113, can you please edit yr posts so that the text starts on a new line instead of screwing up the page layout? thank you in advance.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #23 on: 8 March 2002, 20:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
has anybody noticed that this page now takes ages to load, and all the messages go off the edge of the screen?
That's Zombie6237856738265783256483's screenshots doing that...
Zombie456113, can you please edit yr posts so that the text starts on a new line instead of screwing up the page layout?

I second this.

MxCl

• http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/mxcl/
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #24 on: 8 March 2002, 21:29 »
Surely to fix it he will have to shrink his images? The forum should have a image size limit, both horizontally and vertically I reckon.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #25 on: 9 March 2002, 01:27 »
yes, that's absolutely right, i was looking at it before though, and he hadn't put a return or even a space between some of the text, and one of the pictures, but it was an optical illusion on my part. it is really the huge size of his pictures. Don't you find it odd that there's a limit of 8 smileys but you can post big stuff like this?

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #26 on: 9 March 2002, 02:15 »
In any case common curtesey suggests one should link to the images instead of forcing everyone to d-load them.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #27 on: 9 March 2002, 05:50 »
I vote for torture for anyone who uploads a picture to the forums.  Something like sliding down a 50 foot razor blade into a pool of acid would be appropriate!
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

grif_mcrenolds

I actually like WinXP
« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2002, 02:00 »
:lol:  It's funny how we're bitching about GUI's here when there are some bigger issues on the rise.  SSSCA must die!

PS: Hey Zombie9920, did that bikini chick pic come with XP?  I know that's a stupid qusetion, anyway.  I'm new to the site and I think it's awesome so far!
grif_mcrenolds ;) DivX.com moderator

psyjax

• VIP
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #29 on: 10 March 2002, 05:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by grif_mcrenolds:
:lol:  It's funny how we're bitching about GUI's here when there are some bigger issues on the rise.  SSSCA must die!

There is absolutley no way the SSSCA will pass. If it does, we will all be religated to a William Gibson distopia with cyberpunk hackers running around the net like digital robin hoods....

Actually that woulden't be too bad  :D