Author Topic: I actually like WinXP  (Read 2572 times)

Odin

• Kudos: 0
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2002, 07:39 »
let me just say all I've seen you poeple do so far is customize you desktop!! That is nothing just just the look of the computer and the looks are only skin deep they have nothing to do with stability. I hear some people thing Windows XP is better than 2000 (more stable) is this true. I want to set up linux but I'm not sure if I should or not. All I use computers for is games. I also use them for homework. I don't do any really big projects like setting up servers and the such. I think I would blow my brains out if I had to use windows for setting up servers
I think of Microsoft employees (dieing) quite often

Odin

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #31 on: 11 March 2002, 14:36 »
exactly! what bearing does yr desktop picture have on the workings of yr machine?????  ?

I agree totally about the razorblades and the acid, but i am confused about one thing... once he's in the acid, will he hallucinate to death???   :confused:    :confused:    :confused:  

(only joshing!!)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

SPoT

I actually like WinXP
« Reply #32 on: 16 March 2002, 21:19 »
I was very surprised at having no problems with my XP install. I never did get a single error.

But the HORROR! The first time the OS came up, I knew what I had to do. Frst thing was to remove all of that ugly default GUI and return to classic mode. Then I removed all of the files associated with them. Thn I went to work on the supposedly unremovable apps, gone. Next it was off to the OS tweaks. I tweaked this sucker with everyone I could find and only succeeded in speeding it up a little. I got the install down from 970+ megs to 475, and still no speed up.

Final mission. The removal of XP.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #33 on: 16 March 2002, 18:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by SPoT:
I was very surprised at having no problems with my XP install. I never did get a single error.
I bet you were.

quote:

But the HORROR! The first time the OS came up, I knew what I had to do. Frst thing was to remove all of that ugly default GUI and return to classic mode.
Wow. You changed your desktop. whoop dee doo.  
quote:
Then I removed all of the files associated with them. Thn I went to work on the supposedly unremovable apps, gone. Next it was off to the OS tweaks. I tweaked this sucker with everyone I could find and only succeeded in speeding it up a little. I got the install down from 970+ megs to 475, and still no speed up.
surprise, surfuckingprise. Now you see why your windocentric comments are hardly appreciated around here? it *is* possible to get windows working *better* than its usual, but why try? it's like pissing against the wind.

quote:
Final mission. The removal of XP.

Another convert, i hope but sincerely doubt. Chances are we will hear all about this guy's ailing (or excellent depending on what yarn gets spun next) "operating system" in the next few weeks...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #34 on: 16 March 2002, 20:38 »
One thing I allways enjoyd about installing MacOSX was the fact that it already ran incredibly fast and didnt require me to go diging thrugh the Terminal in order to tweak the kernel.  

Nicest thing about some companyes too is that their installer programs actually allow you to choose what the system installs! So you can get 90% of the optimizing done before you put a single byte onto your hardrive... what a concept!
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

VeTro

• http://Will soon be up
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2002, 14:47 »
Microsoft truly sucks. But it is still a fact that we all have to use it to play our favourite games on the PC (a alternative is PS2). And Win XP  is a good opertive system for that. Infact, it is truly the  only thing it is good for.

I do not think that it would be so great to play games (created for windows) in linux no mather how good emulator you use. And we all know that there are not so many games created for Linux.

My point? Windows sucks. But we still need it to play our games. For all other compter related things, USE LINUX. My choice is SuSe Linux.

Druid

I actually like WinXP
« Reply #36 on: 19 March 2002, 03:22 »
VeTro said:
"use [Windows] to play our favourite games on the PC (a alternative is PS2)"

Windows XP is

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #37 on: 19 March 2002, 21:55 »
Uh huh.... replace ur game playing windows with a ps2... I'm not sure where to start on this..  

Just.. Let me know when I can enjoy Grim Fandango on the PS2. Then I'll think up a response to ur post.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I actually like WinXP
« Reply #38 on: 19 March 2002, 13:04 »
don't try too hard (to think)
You might have an accident!