Author Topic: Windows XP  (Read 3939 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Windows XP
« Reply #75 on: 27 February 2002, 16:01 »
In a way the US was quite lucky in that they wiped out or assimilated their aboriginals before political correctness was invented.
Nowadays, everybody is in the media spotlight and nobody can do anything without everybody else crying them down, so Australia (which had 100 years less of a start on the US, and doesn't even have full independence yet) has still got some aborigines to contend with. Enough to make it ugly for them in the media, if the media weren't in on the act anyway. Which they are.

Did you know that an ENTIRE RACE of human beings was wiped out by the British military in Tasmania, when the whites settled and explored Australia? (not to mention uncounted animal and plant species) Also the Australian legal system STILL OFFICIALLY MAINTAINS that there were NO HUMAN BEINGS in Australia when the whites arrived, this means all former legal systems and rights (aboriginal ones) are totally legally void. this is known as the Terra Nulleus claus, perhaps wrong spelling, in case anybody wants to look it up and do more reading on it.

The white Australians will get there slowly but surely though, middle Australia is pretty powerful, and i heard a few years ago that there are now NO aboriginal tribes left, compared with something like over a hundred in the fifties, although those figures could be wildly off base...

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Windows XP
« Reply #76 on: 1 March 2002, 03:53 »
I believe that there is a way for XP to be "good"
and that is if Microshit fixed the numerous security leaks and left that stupid activation shit out.

WinXP is built off WinCE not NT. WinCE is for the palmtops, which have extremely little resources, so i have "heard" windows XP uses its resources wisely, just like CE has to. (unlike win 98 etc.)
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Master of Reality

• VIP
Windows XP
« Reply #77 on: 1 March 2002, 04:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by cyrax-:
The computer wouldn't be what it is now without him down.

...... constantly crashing virus magnets?...(well at least with windows on them)
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

alp

• Kudos: 0
Windows XP
« Reply #78 on: 2 March 2002, 07:31 »
i know this has been posted somewhere else, but im much too lazy to read several 4 page long message boards on xp, so, has xp gotten rid of dos or is it just insanly hard to find,  if it is could someone tell me so i will not give up trying to find it? man, i really miss dos right now. o well

Master of Reality

• VIP
Windows XP
« Reply #79 on: 2 March 2002, 08:00 »
i haven't used XP yet.
but even if there isnt a DOS, if ya really needed it, couldnt you just install a version of it??
  :confused:
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Windows XP
« Reply #80 on: 2 March 2002, 21:11 »
Can't ya just do a Start-Run and type in "cmd" and hit ENTER?  Of do you need more than an CMD shell?
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

alp

Windows XP
« Reply #81 on: 3 March 2002, 00:56 »
i think i need more than dos in a box, and i could buy a program but....it would be so much easier if there was dos on my computer already. owell. thanks

voidmain

• VIP
Windows XP
« Reply #82 on: 3 March 2002, 01:37 »
What do you need DOS for?  There are free and open source DOS packages out there, you could set up a dual boot. Or if you have an old copy of DOS 6.22 or something lying around, dual boot it. I am very happy being completely without DOS or Windows even though I used to do a lot of DOS/Windows programming.

cyrax

• http://www.google.com
Windows XP
« Reply #83 on: 19 March 2002, 06:40 »
i was born on the same day as bill gates, im 30 and live with my mother, i work as a MSCE safeway trolley man and live on scraps of food, so i believe i can relate alot more to M$ than you!!

wankers, i will hack hack hack you with a spoon.

LukeHashJ

Windows XP
« Reply #84 on: 21 March 2002, 04:14 »
I think microsoft removed DOS for a few reasons, but mainly because they were tired of people who would call and bitch and moan about how they "accidentally" (i dont know how) formatted their system.

iwork

• http://Yes
Windows XP
« Reply #85 on: 21 March 2002, 10:01 »
I realise that I am on the fuckMicrosoft message board (before someone tries to be hilarious), but you guys have got to be more objective.

I hate MS as much as anyone else, but they build a better mouse trap.  Unless you are computer savvy, forget linux - it bites.

The average user would not get past the installation "Wizard".  Even if they did and a miracle occured and their modem/soundcard/printer/scanner/coffee machine automatically installed themselves (LOL), they would not know where to start, and the OS would not be forthcoming.

Linux may be more reliable, but that is being taken away as Windows becomes more mature - time to face reality.
Stop spamming me arsehole.

voidmain

• VIP
Windows XP
« Reply #86 on: 21 March 2002, 10:20 »
I don't believe Microsoft builds a better mouse trap.  And it certainly depends on what you are using it for as to how much not better of a mouse trap it is.  I'm going to test your theory on my parents the next time I visit them.  They are the kind of people who have to call me and walk them through basic Windows tasks over and over. They certainly could not handle a Windows install by themselves (or at least they don't trust their abilities enough to even try it).  I am willing to wager that I will get fewer "support" calls from them after I make the switch. I already gave them fair warning and they are willing to give it a shot. And I will give you good odds on me never having to walk them through cleaning up the latest virus they've managed to get.

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Windows XP
« Reply #87 on: 21 March 2002, 11:24 »
HappyGod:

Want reliable, powerfull, and user friendly? Try OS X! That's a better mouse trap if you ask me.

(shameless favoright OS pitch    )

I'm kind of on a high from screwing with my system all day. I can't belive the amount of things you can do thrugh the Terminal alone!

Anyaway...

My money is on Void. Linux can be foreign at first, but once you learn how to use it, I mean just simple "common user" tasks, it will do them, and never fail.

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

morgz

• http://none
Windows XP
« Reply #88 on: 21 March 2002, 14:36 »
well lemme see here i take it 90% of u ppl are losers who have nothing better to do, hey cmon own up i know i have absolutely nothing to do. i take it a few of you are just angered former IT workers who got laid off for being too fat or slow at your job and some of you were too slow because you couldnt reach your keyboard over that lump of lard you call a stomach, there is a new thing around called sport since most of you probably cant afford liposuction and well i dont think the doctors are ready to take 100kg of lard from a person so looks like you might have to take the much cheaper of method called sport, start by walking because; a. if you run you will cause a major earthquake. b. if you swim greenpeace will come and try to unbeach you and c. you dont want to break any of that sporting equipment in a thing called a gymnasium (remember those from high school. so why dont you all just get off microsofts back, sure they steal ideas and so on but you cant say that all of you have never cheated or stolen to get ahead in life and no that doesnt mean stealing twinkies fatass!
MORGZZZ

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Windows XP
« Reply #89 on: 21 March 2002, 14:48 »
quote:
so why dont you all just get off microsofts back,

why don't you just fuck right off?

if you don't have anything productive to say then how can you expect to be taken seriously?
you assume a bunch of wrong things about people here, and it's obvious you haven't actually read many of the posts here (i know you only signed up about half an hour before you posted this).

Would you like me to assume stuff about you? actually i get the feeling you wouldn't care. that is a healthy coping mechanism i suppose. i certainly don't lie, cheat and steal to get ahead anyway. maybe you are the sort of lowlife who does that sort of thing routinely and tells themselves everybody does it, in order to feel better about yrself.

i am not willing to insult you properly yet, as i think you may still see the error of yr ways  ;)  so let's hear more sense from you or i will assume you are a Microsoft borg who is trying to divert the intelligent discussion towards blatant arguing, in order to stop antiMicrosoft people from having a proper forum.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism