Author Topic: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK You Bill Gates very much for this  (Read 1122 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK You Bill Gates very much for this
« on: 10 November 2003, 02:46 »
So I was away from my primary computer for a few days using an older one with Windows XPiss on it. I was using what little free time I had to work on my movie. I captured what I need, did a lot of editing, etc.. When I was getting ready to leave I decided to move all the files (a total of 6 DV-AVI files in 7 GB) to a portable NTFS formatted blank hard drive. I start moving the files. The first 4 files (the smaller ones) moved ok. Finally I started moving the last 2 files which were quite larger than the other ones (2 gigs each). About 10% of the way guess Windows explorer crashes. On top of that when I click "End Task" I get a BSOD.

I restart the computer, XPiss does its disk checking thing. I log in. I check both hard drives (the original and the portable one). Guess what? Those 2 files that I was moving during the crash were gone on BOTH! I tried some file recovery but much no luck. I rather redo those two files from scratch then restore partial files and have corrupted audio or video somewhere in the middle.

To Microsoft (because we know you visit this site): I have a question for you:
HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO WRITE A WORKING FILE-MOVING FUNCTION IN A (NON)OPERATING SYSTEM THAT DOMINATES THE MARKET???????

FUCK YOU BILL GATES VERY MUCH FOR THIS. You deserve to be locked up in a prison full of criminals who use Linux and Macs. I hope that one day you end up alone somewhere in the artics and get eaten by penguins. FUCK YOU!

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: xeen ]

Zootopia3000

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2003, 07:12 »
Hope you learned an invalueable lesson from this. Next time COPY the frickin' important, large file to where you want it and then delete the original.

Do you expect me to believe that you did all that editing on an XP machine because you were away from your "primary" PC. C'mon!!!

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2003, 07:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zootopia3000:
Hope you learned an invalueable lesson from this. Next time COPY the frickin' important, large file to where you want it and then delete the original.

That's what any well written move program should do when transferring a file between file systems.

Do you mean the invaluable lesson is that people should assume that MS move isn't well written?

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: M. O'Brien ]

In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Zootopia3000

« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2003, 21:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by M. O'Brien:

That's what any well written move program should do when transferring a file between file systems.

Do you mean the invaluable lesson is that people should assume that MS move isn't well written?

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: M. O'Brien ]

If that way of looking at it works better for you, then OK. It's the same either way.

solarflare

« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2003, 00:13 »
It looks like you should consider a MAC.

This has NEVER happened on a MAC - I recommend the Dual Processor 2gb 64bit G5 - THE MOST POWERFUL COMPUTER IN THE WORLD.

Try a MAC - If you do you will never use a windoooozzzzzz pc again!!

www.apple.com

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2003, 00:56 »
quote:
solarflare: Try a MAC - If you do you will never use a windoooozzzzzz pc again!!

Macs are expencive. No I don't wanna hear about TCO's, I don't have much money.

And why do call "pc" "windoooozzzzzz"? I run Linux on my PC.

Xeen

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2003, 02:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by solarflare:
It looks like you should consider a MAC.

I recommend the Dual Processor 2gb 64bit G5 - THE MOST POWERFUL COMPUTER IN THE WORLD.

Agreed 100%. All I need first is your credit card number to pay for it.  :D

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2003, 00:50 »
i have never had a problem transfering programs in windows, and i swap files often. these files usually range from 1mb to around 1 or 2gb, and i have never had a problem.

i use windows 2k when i am forced to use windows, so maybe this stability it only apparent in 2k. XP may be newer, but i have noticed many reasons to say it is of lesser quality, but why would they have changed something like move from win2k to xp? something so simple that works in an earlier version doesn't need change, but i could be wrong

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Xeen

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2003, 01:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by Siplus:
but why would they have changed something like move from win2k to xp? something so simple that works in an earlier version doesn't need change, but i could be wrong

Because in XP they integrated Internet Explorer even deeper into the OS and made that handle files. Win2000 and all prior Windows versions had the Windows Explorer shell do the file management but no more. As to why they did this...I don't think Bill Gates himself knows.

solarflare

« Reply #9 on: 16 November 2003, 06:43 »
MACs are NOT EXPENSIVE!

You can get an EMAC for

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
« Reply #10 on: 16 November 2003, 08:44 »
theres more than 2 operating systems in world, you can run linux without the downtimes too and its free
just say know

LukeHashJ

« Reply #11 on: 3 December 2003, 02:17 »
ever consider the possibilty that it was your hard drive's fault?

also, you can turn off the BSOD with the click of a checkbox. In fact, when you do, the OS stays active. haha.

Xeen

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: 3 December 2003, 02:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by LukeHashJ:
ever consider the possibilty that it was your hard drive's fault?

also, you can turn off the BSOD with the click of a checkbox. In fact, when you do, the OS stays active. haha.

Ever consider the possibility that you are braindead?

Windows XP has Internet Explorer in control of most of the operating system including file management. Explain to me how that's good. And no, it was not the hard drives fault.

LukeHashJ

« Reply #13 on: 3 December 2003, 02:38 »
It sounds stupid to me. IE blows =\  

Why would they have it rigged like that? it's like a shoddy half-assed way of doing things. I've never had a problem, though...

The_Famous_Grouse

« Reply #14 on: 4 December 2003, 03:52 »
Tell microsoft what you think of there product online in there Online Feedback: http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp?from=cu&fu=%2Fisapi%2Fgomscom%2Easp%3Ftarget%3D%2Fmswish%2Fthanks%2Ehtm  <~~ Dont be shy, tell them what you really think.. I did..