Author Topic: Just for the hell of it!  (Read 424 times)

Ctrl Alt Del 123

• Kudos: 0
Just for the hell of it!
« on: 23 June 2002, 23:31 »
If you want to, can you please post a reply here simply stating what you hate about Windows XP, and I will see if what you said does not occur with me, is false, or is true. A list would help so I can divide it into sections and reply on them.

This isn't a flame war or anything, it's a test to see if everything is true. And if you've read my previous posts, I WILL tell the truth, unlike Windows XP User #249807593247689234653476859234756, I speak what I see, not what I WANT to see.

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: Ctrl Alt Del 123 ]

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Just for the hell of it!
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2002, 23:52 »
I hate it because I don't like that I can't choose if I want to have Internet Explorer bundled with Windows or not.

I hate it because Windows XP reboots when it thinks it's gonna crash.

I hate it, because the company who made it (Microsoft) does things that are uncompatitive against their concurrents.

Ctrl Alt Del 123

• Kudos: 0
Just for the hell of it!
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2002, 00:37 »
I did complete the following, then restored my HD with GoBack...

You can HALFWAY remove IE, so that it is unactive, all icons gone, and all traces of it removed from first glance. However, the directory is still there and the EXE remains, but all of the Plugins and other stuff was deleted. Still, halfway you can delete IE.

You can have XP simply give you a BSOD instead of rebooting. Right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Under "Start up and Recovery" click the "Settings" button > Clear "Automatically reboot" check box. However, mine has never randomly rebooted yet.

I hate MS too. I could go on and on about Windows Messenger and it's evils, .Net and how much I think it should be stopped, and how IE loves to pimp MSN Search.

So far I could fix 1.5 of the said things.