Author Topic: Microsoftee responds to MES's Whats So Bad article  (Read 2207 times)

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
Microsoftee responds to MES's Whats So Bad article
« Reply #15 on: 8 October 2003, 10:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Viper:

I see you mentioned tabbed browsing. Well, who the fuck cares about tabbed browsing. What is so hard about pressing ALT+TAB to switch browser windows? Don't even try to say that Mozilla doesn't have it's own holes because that would be a complete lie.

I dont want to press alt+tab... i can press ctrl+tab to go through tabs though. doesn't it make more sense to use the tab key for tabs? I use the tabs all the time, especially for going through this forum... go to the main page, middle click the forums, read through the posts, refresh the first page to see if anything else have been posted since I arrived... tabbing is nice, and having internet explorer open several times takes up more memory.

mozilla, in my experience, does not have its own holes.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #16 on: 8 October 2003, 10:50 »
I love tabbed browsing myself, but nobody it seems will ever include a hotkey to switch between tabs
Go the fuck ~

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #17 on: 8 October 2003, 11:15 »
Originally posted by X11:
[QB]1) Suse is crap, try slackware, or even redhat, rh 8 wasnt that bad in size.

HEY HEY HEY..........OK Maybe. If we are talking about size.

SuSE is only major Linux Distro that hasn't cut down to three ISO's yet, it is still at FIVE CD's :eek:

That is because it comes with so much....Stuff   :rolleyes:   you can only get through looking at half the apps that come with SuSE before their two year support cycle is up!

Stryker

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: 8 October 2003, 11:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by Agent Jimmy James Smith:
I love tabbed browsing myself, but nobody it seems will ever include a hotkey to switch between tabs

you mean, ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab?

Faust

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #19 on: 8 October 2003, 12:51 »
quote:
SuSE is only major Linux Distro that hasn't cut down to three ISO's yet, it is still at FIVE CD's

Cough cough, Debian is on 7.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #20 on: 8 October 2003, 13:06 »
Hey people, is size the only issue here? GNU/Linux comes with just about every piece of software one needs. Software that will not be available even on M$ Winbloze version 2500, if they still exist by then.

Think about the Operating System's Architecture first. That is what matters most of all. I'm way too bored to write down everything that I want here, but here are 2 articles for you that you should all read, and read carefully.

Thins one explains in a few words why Winbloze is nothing more than an utter joke of a so-called OS.

And this one is an M$ security bulletin M$ should have issued but didn't.   :D  

Enjoy!

PS. Both articles come from Scott Granneman of SecurityFocus....

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #21 on: 8 October 2003, 13:56 »
Hey guys, if you press alt+shift+tab+return+command+F14+up arrow+u+F2+control your computer will EXPLODE!!!

Stryker

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: 8 October 2003, 14:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:
Hey guys, if you press alt+shift+tab+return+command+F14+up arrow+u+F2+control your computer will EXPLODE!!!

I guess the trick is finding a keyboard with F14 on it then.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #23 on: 8 October 2003, 18:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Stryker:

I guess the trick is finding a keyboard with F14 on it then.

How about an Apple keyboard?

solarismka

« Reply #24 on: 8 October 2003, 21:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by Viper:

FYI, Windows XP can run just fine on a Pentium 2 system.

I see you mentioned tabbed browsing. Well, who the fuck cares about tabbed browsing. What is so hard about pressing ALT+TAB to switch browser windows? Don't even try to say that Mozilla doesn't have it's own holes because that would be a complete lie.

Of course mozilla has holes, just not ones that can TAKE OVER THE HOLE SYSTEM, no winXP has a ver hard time running on p2's, well I find so.... and LOTS of people care about tab browsing, its just easier and works better.  But someone with XP is always gonna be behind the times.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #25 on: 8 October 2003, 22:21 »
quote:
Agent Jimmy James Smith: People's use of the english language is shitty. I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off. If English isn't your native tongue, then you're okay... everybody else, SUX

your rite, il gues eYe just takl lik dis from now on, d00d!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #26 on: 8 October 2003, 22:27 »
quote:
-=Solaris.M.K.A=-: Of course mozilla has holes, just not ones that can TAKE OVER THE HOLE SYSTEM, no winXP has a ver hard time running on p2's, well I find so.... and LOTS of people care about tab browsing, its just easier and works better.  But someone with XP is always gonna be behind the times.

I not going to defend Microsoft, but that's bullshit. I can run Windows XP on a Pentium-MMX with 200 MHz. It's really the RAM that counts when it comes to Windows XP, and if you can adjust the default settings (which slow down the computer, and I'm not talking about the visual style and effects) just right, then it runs at an acceptable level.

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #27 on: 9 October 2003, 11:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:

almost ran atta fingers

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #28 on: 9 October 2003, 15:23 »
mine turned into a hypermatter star, so I put it in the power core of my SUPER STAR DESTROYER and flew around the galaxy.

what an awesome key combination
Go the fuck ~

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #29 on: 9 October 2003, 15:24 »
PC keyboards don't have F14 on them? HAAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T EXPLODE YOUR COMPUTERS!!!!

EDIT: or turn them into star destroyers.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Macman ]