Author Topic: Windoze is not so baaad  (Read 1981 times)

DukePuke

• Kudos: 0
Windoze is not so baaad
« on: 14 March 2004, 20:39 »
Hi everybody, Actualy I am using windoze2k, and its IMO good operating system. I tryed 95/98/Me/xp, and I found 2000 is my ch0ice. (after patching some fucking bugs of course   )

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2004, 22:14 »
[SARCASM]Yes, it's pretty good, except for all the bugs, holes, Internet Explorer integration, bloatware, virusses, spyware, crappy programs, inferior GUI, etc.[/SARCASM]

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2004, 22:16 »
2000 is the best Windoze will ever get...MS is now shifting from bad software to evil software.  *coughLonghorncough*
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2004, 01:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by WMD:
2000 is the best Windoze will ever get...MS is now shifting from bad software to evil software.  *coughLonghorncough*

M$ shitware has always been evil. Being bad was just a fringe benefit that's now being overshadowed by  evil.
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

Claris

• Kudos: 109
    • http://hompage.mac.com/neonsoldierx/PhotoAlbum3.html
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2004, 03:55 »
I'm glad I'm not stuck with a "pretty good" operating system.

[/elitism]
Windows: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Ron

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2004, 14:44 »
Just thought I should pass on this heartening article I chanced upon following a conference call  with my accounting department and our automation access/IT support crew.
I realise it's a lot of big words and not many pictures so it might not interest anyone, but in my exam, I was asked to summarise the page . After I cut out all the extraneous shite, I was left with

"Microsoft $ucks"

And why has no-one launched a class action against M$ for selling slow,buggy,bloated,vulnerable products under false pretences? Having seen several re-runs of LA Law, each admission of failure (bugfix/security patch) should result in lawsuits galore. There was some US car (Pinto or summat) that Ford (I Think) released knowing that if you indicated left while braking and were hit from behind, your car exploded (or something like that) and because they let it be sold, they were fined loadsamoney in punitive damages. And you never hear about product recalls and 'modifications' other than on the net. Well, Bill, we aren't all on the bloody dubyadubyadubya.
:eek:
I see dumb people
         :eek:

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2004, 18:50 »
I think 98 was good. I like the fact that it ran from the command prompt, so it's the most modern winfuck OS with the least bloat. It does crash a lot, but I've gotten used to that, as my modem doesn't work in Linux and I don't know how to configure dial up anyway.

If Linus had chosen to make a clone of DOS rather than UNIX, we'd probably not be using Windows anymore.

DukePuke

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2004, 19:30 »
Refalm, Windoze software is crap? Maybe Linux software is crap? Windoze2k as OS maybe is not ideal, but comercial softdevelopers do job well with their own products. I am not fan of linuxoze, but then i tryed some office/misc programs, that looked like that it was created by 1-3 fans, who had too much time in their hands. Most linux programs are CRAP! Becuz its basicaly free, and its created by individual programers. Programers is programers, they are not fuckin designers, they are not fuckin comercial managers, they are not fuckin scientists , they just write code

Pyrotechnician_2004

• http://www.freewebs.com/paganchurch/
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2004, 00:16 »
Excuse me, you've only used 2 types of program, linux is very useful, try searching on Sourceforge for any type of program, i'll bet you'll find something.

You are very narrow-minded Mr., most Windows programs have problems because they are ONLY made by Microsoft programmers/coders, if the source code was available in Windows it might've been a better OS that I might have stayed with it.

But considering Bill Gates just wants money, and doesn't care much about what the MS community want from their OS, this will continue to go on.

To be honest, i'd like to put the following question to you :

What would you rather have :
1. An OS that is stable & free and has loads of programs that may not work as well as Windows, but the bugs get fixed very quickly?

OR

2. An OS that has annoying pop-ups, virtually no technical support, limited usages of programs, no source-code, no skill ed programmers/coders & countless crashes/BSoD's?

[ March 15, 2004: Message edited by: Pyrotechnician_2004 ]

Linux - Open Source, Freedom, Mostly Free.
Windows - Closed Source, Virtually No Freedom, Very Expensive (seen XP Pro for

WMD

• Global Moderator
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2004, 00:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by Annorax: Temporal Refugee:
M$ shitware has always been evil.

Not like Longhorn.  :eek:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

DukePuke

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2004, 00:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrotechnician_2004:
Excuse me, you've only used 2 types of program, linux is very useful, try searching on Sourceforge for any type of program, i'll bet you'll find something.

You are very narrow-minded Mr., most Windows programs have problems because they are ONLY made by Microsoft programmers/coders, if the source code was available in Windows it might've been a better OS that I might have stayed with it.

But considering Bill Gates just wants money, and doesn't care much about what the MS community want from their OS, this will continue to go on.

To be honest, i'd like to put the following question to you :

What would you rather have :
1. An OS that is stable & free and has loads of programs that may not work as well as Windows, but the bugs get fixed very quickly?

OR

2. An OS that has annoying pop-ups, virtually no technical support, limited usages of programs, no source-code, no skill ed programmers/coders & countless crashes/BSoD's?

[ March 15, 2004: Message edited by: Pyrotechnician_2004 ]

Man I know that in case 2 you mean Windoze. But actualy look up:

1. What pop-ups do you mean? No pop-ups on my windoze2k

2. No-technical support? What do you mean? I can update windoze from M$ servers, install Spacks and other $hit

3. Limited usages of programs? you mean trial ones? Its a part of commercial. If there are trial-version programs under windoze , its god sign. that means SOFTWARE IS GOOD, and user can try it , before considering to buy it. Of course, if I would create shitty program, I would not let users to "try" it, cuz nobody will buy full product. And remeber: Commercion is engine for "Good well-finished programs"

4.No skilled programmers? Man, I bet there are much more windoze programmers then Linux ones. Actualy I dunno what makes you think that winndoze programmers is "bad"? Just because they dont code for Linux? Also under windoze programmers can find much more and better developing kits

5.Countless crashes? Yeah, actualy its M$ prob (expecialy with 95/98/me), but then I got installed win2k half-year ago, crashes is realy rare, maybe explorer do it sometimes ;p

6. BSOD? Havent got any blue screen under win2k since I installed it.

So... Looks like winzoze is not so bad again  

WMD

• Global Moderator
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2004, 01:32 »
quote:
1. What pop-ups do you mean? No pop-ups on my windoze2k

I think he means IE website popups.  Most good browsers come with a blocker.

quote:
2. No-technical support? What do you mean? I can update windoze from M$ servers, install Spacks and other $hit

That's not tech support.  Tech support is when you try to get in contact with a real person from the company.  Try doing that with MS.

quote:
3. Limited usages of programs? you mean trial ones? Its a part of commercial. If there are trial-version programs under windoze , its god sign. that means SOFTWARE IS GOOD, and user can try it , before considering to buy it. Of course, if I would create shitty program, I would not let users to "try" it, cuz nobody will buy full product. And remeber: Commercion is engine for "Good well-finished programs"

Quoted for humor value.  :D

quote:
4.No skilled programmers? Man, I bet there are much more windoze programmers then Linux ones. Actualy I dunno what makes you think that winndoze programmers is "bad"? Just because they dont code for Linux?

There's more Windows programmers, in sheer number.  But a lot of them suck.  

quote:
Also under windoze programmers can find much more and better developing kits

Actually, no.  MS development kits are crippled so that they generate non-portable code.  They always have.  Porting software TO Windows has always been trivial; porting FROM Windows is impossible and requires major re-writes.

quote:
5.Countless crashes? Yeah, actualy its M$ prob (expecialy with 95/98/me), but then I got installed win2k half-year ago, crashes is realy rare, maybe explorer do it sometimes ;p

I have XP, and I get a crash (or some error that renders the machine unusable) about once a week.  IMO, that's still not very good.  (With 2k it's a little less often I guess, maybe 2 weeks.  :D )

quote:
6. BSOD? Havent got any blue screen under win2k since I installed it.

True, now you get those "has encountered an error" dialog boxes.  :rolleyes:  Also there is still BSODs but they only show up when something REALLY bad happens.
My BSOD gallery

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2004, 03:27 »
quote:

I think he means IE website popups. Most good browsers come with a blocker.

Most do come with a pop-up blocker, I agree there.  however I do NOT reccoment anybody use IE for serious web-browsing, use Opera or a Mozilla Variant

quote:

That's not tech support. Tech support is when you try to get in contact with a real person from the company. Try doing that with MS.

Try doing that with linux without hunting down for a help forum or getting slapped with "RTFM n00b!"

quote:

Quoted for humor value.  :D

you don't think you should pay money for a good program,  cheapskate.

quote:

There's more Windows programmers, in sheer number. But a lot of them suck.  

There ARE skilled windows programmers, and there are bad ones, same as ANY operating system.

quote:

Actually, no. MS development kits are crippled so that they generate non-portable code. They always have. Porting software TO Windows has always been trivial; porting FROM Windows is impossible and requires major re-writes

Maybe because the operating enviroment is DIFFERENT than that of Linux, *BSD, or MacOS, and uses a different API?

quote:

I have XP, and I get a crash (or some error that renders the machine unusable) about once a week. IMO, that's still not very good. (With 2k it's a little less often I guess, maybe 2 weeks.  :D  )

XP != Win2k,  Don't blame the OS for a crap program running in the Background of hardware shitting out, which can cause this, I have had it happen to me before.

quote:

True, now you get those "has encountered an error" dialog boxes.   :rolleyes:   Also there is still BSODs but they only show up when something REALLY bad happens.

You blame the operating system for killing a misbehaving app?  :rolleyes:  if it brought the whole system to its knee, yes, otherwise no.  would you rather the OS just let it run until a much more serious error occured?

Ass.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

insomnia

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2004, 04:57 »
This "DuckPuke" is trolling.

quote:
If Linus had chosen to make a clone of DOS rather than UNIX, we'd probably not be using Windows anymore.

No sane hacker would ever think about cloning crap like DOS.
Also, Linus never wanted to make 'micro' kernel.
(Like GNU/HURD)
Be glad he chose to clone UNIX.   ;)

[ March 15, 2004: Message edited by: insomnia ]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2004, 07:27 »
Ok I've had just about enough of this crap.

quote:
Hi everybody, Actualy I am using windoze2k, and its IMO good operating system. I tryed 95/98/Me/xp, and I found 2000 is my ch0ice. (after patching some fucking bugs of course

So basically you started a whole new thread by just saying you use Win2k and you like it and that's it. Ok good for you. You like Windows. You're certainly entitled to your opinions.
But let me set forth a new rule: From now on if anyone starts a new thread by just writing one sentence with your opinion I'm going to bin it. Now don't get me wrong. I have no problem whatsoever with you posting here about how good Windows is. I use Windows too. But if I started a thread about it, I would say "I like Windows over Linux because of such and such." Never start any thread by post something stupid like "I Like Windows and that's that" without at least stating some reasons and support for your opinions.

Good thread = opinion followed by reasons and support for opinion
Bad thread = stupid remark or opinion with no facts or evidence behind it.

You're more than welcome to put your opinions up for discussion, no matter what they are. But don't make others have to write for you. Post the reasons for your opinions and then there will be a discussion.

quote:
Maybe Linux software is crap?

Maybe it is. But how the hell would I know what you mean by that if you don't give an example of reason for saying such. You're entitled to think that Linux software is crap but if you're gonna post that statement that give A REASON and AN EXAMPLE.

quote:
Windoze2k as OS maybe is not ideal, but comercial softdevelopers do job well with their own products.

Some do some don't. Some make the best of the situation and do their best in writing the software. Other's write just as crappy software as the OS they're writing for. Once again...please explain WTF you're babbling about.

quote:
I am not fan of linuxoze, but then i tryed some office/misc programs, that looked like that it was created by 1-3 fans, who had too much time in their hands.

"Linuxoze"? "Tryed"? This brings me to the conclusion that you're either a 4th grader, or just a moron. My inclination is to the latter.
Once again, you have no backup for anything you're saying. What software did you try? Why not mention that when you're trying to make a point?

quote:
Most linux programs are CRAP!

Once again you're diminishing your already non-existant credibility. Would you care to give a reason or an example of what exactly you're calling crap and why you consider it crap?

quote:
Becuz its basicaly free, and its created by individual programers.

I am a programmer and I do not work for any software company. So according to you every program I write is crap. Well according to me, every post you write is shit.

quote:
Programers is programers

I never would have guessed that. Just like you probably never would guess that 1 = 1 and 2 = 2.

quote:
they are not fuckin designers, they are not fuckin comercial managers, they are not fuckin scientists , they just write code

I'm a computer science major. I have taken and continue to take many programming courses. I am also taking and will take another Software Designing class that deals explicitly with designing. The reason there exist separate jobs for those 2 things is because most commercial software is HUGE and takes months if not years to complete from scratch. That's no reason though that someone who has enough spare time can't do both if their program is small enough because it's only meant to do one thing instead of 100 things. Once again your lack of knowledge takes away from credibility that you have none of anyway.

quote:
What pop-ups do you mean? No pop-ups on my windoze2k

Ok. FINALLY at least a partial reason for why you like Windows. Popups do not originate from the operating system. They come from a crummy web browser such as IE. Either you use a different browser or you have installed an IE popup blocking toolbar. Has nothing really to do with the OS in itself.

quote:
No-technical support? What do you mean? I can update windoze from M$ servers, install Spacks and other $hit

Technical support is not when you download and install shit. Tech support is when you call someone for help and someone either comes to your house to fix stuff or guides you through it over the phone (usually too expensive and the guys on the phone usually are idiots I must add).

quote:
Limited usages of programs? you mean trial ones? Its a part of commercial. If there are trial-version programs under windoze , its god sign. that means SOFTWARE IS GOOD, and user can try it , before considering to buy it. Of course, if I would create shitty program, I would not let users to "try" it, cuz nobody will buy full product. And remeber: Commercion is engine for "Good well-finished programs"

No comment...........ok nevermind I must comment on this idiocy of a post. You must not have the brains to understand that the concept of "limited usage" that comes from the majority of big commercial software these days has nothing to do with being trialware. What it means is that all the DRM that is being implemented in software (especially by Microsoft) limits what you can do in actual software that you buy. Newer version of Windows Media Player refuse to play certain flagged media files without license files attached. There are many reasons to believe that in Longhorn you won't be able to play ANY non-licensed media files without registering them online first. (I admit however that there's no proof for that yet and it might very well not be true.) There will also be ways in future Windows to block you from using non-approved-by-MS software. Windows activation. What an inconvenience to legitimate users! Those are just some examples of limited use of software.

quote:
I bet there are much more windoze programmers then Linux ones. Also under windoze programmers can find much more and better developing kits.

Yes, there are. That's a statistic due to the wordwide monopoly of Microsoft software.

quote:
Countless crashes? Yeah, actualy its M$ prob (expecialy with 95/98/me), but then I got installed win2k half-year ago, crashes is realy rare, maybe explorer do it sometimes

Well I agree with you here. Although it of course depends on what you do with your OS and how well you configure it. Unfortunately the majority of people can't configure anything well enough, and wind up having tons of crashes and BSODs just because their misconfigured software is eating up CPU time or the pagefile or disk space on a drive that should be set to something else.