Author Topic: Windoze is not so baaad  (Read 1980 times)

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2004, 11:56 »
quote:

Hi everybody, Actualy I am using windoze2k, and its IMO good operating system.

I suppose it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.   ;)  

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

restin256

• Kudos: 0
    • http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2004, 14:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by insomnia:
No sane hacker would ever think about cloning crap like DOS.

Actually, DOS was made by a hacker in the 80's, it was just stolen by Bill Gates and called MS DOS. Then it developed into Windoze.

DukePuke

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2004, 18:31 »
Listen you xeen, or whatever. Be lucky that you dont said "idiot" straightly to my face, cuz you'd be feel my boot-kick in your teeth , ok? I dont let that fat-ass linux cunt taunt at me without serious reason.You can laugh at my words in forum, but you will not show any braveness because any glassy fatfuck feels safe in his house behind display. Ok, I dont know correct meaning of "technical support" and "limited usage software" man, this is not sign of idiocy.

Talking about BSOD and crashes , and associate it for windoze its not accurate in these days. Windoze XP/2000 is fuckin stable, better take care of your own lnx crashes, they also occur sometimes.

What about my thread start? Yeah that I wanted say, that you guys sometimes blame M$, because you want to blame something. Reason , maybe social/psichological problems, poor childrenhood I dunno, but windoze 2000 is *good* OS, I bet you all know themselves.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2004, 19:10 »
quote:
DukePuke: Listen you xeen, or whatever. Be lucky that you dont said "idiot" straightly to my face, cuz you'd be feel my boot-kick in your teeth , ok? I dont let that fat-ass linux cunt taunt at me without serious reason.You can laugh at my words in forum, but you will not show any braveness because any glassy fatfuck feels safe in his house behind display. Ok, I dont know correct meaning of "technical support" and "limited usage software" man, this is not sign of idiocy.

Talking about BSOD and crashes , and associate it for windoze its not accurate in these days. Windoze XP/2000 is fuckin stable, better take care of your own lnx crashes, they also occur sometimes.

What about my thread start? Yeah that I wanted say, that you guys sometimes blame M$, because you want to blame something. Reason , maybe social/psichological problems, poor childrenhood I dunno, but windoze 2000 is *good* OS, I bet you all know themselves.

Windows 2000 isn't good enough if you're serious about hosting a webserver or using it as a fileserver.

It might not look that way, but compared to Linux and UNIX, Windows 2000 is awfully slow on the server front.

And can you seriously claim that Windows XP is the best operating system for the desktop?
Really, install Windows XP and leave it on a broadband connection. It'll be hacked in at least a month, even with all the updates installed.

When I first heard about Longhorn, I thought Windows might be slightly better.
What a disappointment. It's just Windows XP with a theme and a lot of bloatware and a stupid 3 GHz minimum requirement (this may change however).

DukePuke

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2004, 19:27 »
Well, that makes me consider some.. Can you explain "Windoze2k is awfully slow in server front"?  Actualy I believe something about it, because Linux and BSD dominates in server's sphere.

And XP, hmm.. I think this OS is reasonably safe with those patches, the guys from Redmond reacts well as new holes are discovered.

[ March 16, 2004: Message edited by: DukePuke ]

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #20 on: 16 March 2004, 20:07 »
quote:
DukePuke: Well, that makes me consider some.. Can you explain "Windoze2k is awfully slow in server front"?  Actualy I believe something about it, because Linux and BSD dominates in server's sphere.

And XP, hmm.. I think this OS is reasonably safe with those patches, the guys from Redmond reacts well as new holes are discovered.

Samba can manage Active Directory and domains without the crashed that Windows NT/2000 has and is faster than Windows Server 2003 at it! Article.

Microsoft now releases a monthly update, leaving crackers with one month to take advantage of an exploit. And it's proven that crackers use MSDN to search for unpatched exploits so they may use them.

insomnia

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #21 on: 16 March 2004, 20:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by restin256:

Actually, DOS was made by a hacker in the 80's, it was just stolen by Bill Gates and called MS DOS. Then it developed into Windoze.

I meant using it for a full OS (their is a free DOS clone).
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #22 on: 16 March 2004, 21:51 »
Thank goodness xeen is here to tell us what we can and cannot say in the forums.  I might not have known.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #23 on: 17 March 2004, 00:21 »
quote:
Try doing that with linux without hunting down for a help forum or getting slapped with "RTFM n00b!"

Maybe you should search this forum for "RTFM n00b!" because I don't hear it here.  Also linuxquestions.com doesn't have that sort of stuff.  Either way, MS is a big company with resources, don't you expect better from them?

quote:
you don't think you should pay money for a good program, cheapskate.

Actually I quoted that because it the grammar made it sound so messed up.  Practically didn't make his point.

quote:
There ARE skilled windows programmers, and there are bad ones, same as ANY operating system.

I never said there weren't any.  But since Windows is a monopoly, and open-source programmers are more idealistic about programming, there's probably more bad Windows ones.

quote:
Maybe because the operating enviroment is DIFFERENT than that of Linux, *BSD, or MacOS, and uses a different API?

I'm talking about plain system calls.  Normally you can re-use source code on other operating systems.  But Windows relies on special things that don't conform to the agreed-upon standards.

quote:
Don't blame the OS for a crap program running in the Background of hardware shitting out, which can cause this, I have had it happen to me before.

I get Notepad crashes if I don't reboot Windows after 12 days or so.  Considering the fact that Notepad isn't a buggy program (so to speak), I think it's the OS.  I get errors like that all the time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

DOS = CP/M, mostly, which dates back to 1978-79.  So really, not only did BillyG steal it, but so did the company that he stole it from.  :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #24 on: 17 March 2004, 01:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by DukePuke:
Well, that makes me consider some.. Can you explain "Windoze2k is awfully slow in server front"?  Actualy I believe something about it, because Linux and BSD dominates in server's sphere.

AHA! So according to that statement you believe it's true since the Linux servers dominate,and you don't believe about Linux on the desktop because it's not as dominant. Dominance does not determine if a something is good or bad. Can you understand that?

By the way, for your information, DukePuke, I use Windows 2000 too. It's the best of all Windows, but I'm still the first to admit that even though I use it it's shit.

Doogee

• VIP
  • Kudos: 109
    • http://m-db.info
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #25 on: 17 March 2004, 01:49 »
Why don't you use Linux?

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #26 on: 17 March 2004, 07:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by insomnia:
I meant using it for a full OS (their is a free DOS clone).

Yes, but if OpenDOS were more popular, people would make Window Managers like Fluxbox, Window Maker, or FVWM ported. Then, since it would already use the windows C:\, D:\, etc drive letter calling, all you'd need to do is intergrate Windows and DirectX API's. Then, you'd have yourself a Windows Replacement. The best part is that since it's open source, it's stable, less bloated, and unlike Windoze NT, it's fully DOS compatable.

solarismka

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #27 on: 17 March 2004, 08:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by d00g33 :: doogee.is.dreaming.org:
Why don't you use Linux?

I know that i'm using it as a desktop.  I never like the NT line of M$ products!  

For me as an opinion.  Linux is FAR supirior than windows in any platform.  But thats just my opinion.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

insomnia

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #28 on: 18 March 2004, 01:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by -=Solaris.M.K.A=-:

I know that i'm using it as a desktop.  I never like the NT line of M$ products!  

For me as an opinion.  Linux is FAR supirior than windows in any platform.  But thats just my opinion.

An opinion?
That's without any doubt a FACT.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

insomnia

Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #29 on: 18 March 2004, 01:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by restin256:

Yes, but if OpenDOS were more popular, people would make Window Managers like Fluxbox, Window Maker, or FVWM ported. Then, since it would already use the windows C:\, D:\, etc drive letter calling, all you'd need to do is intergrate Windows and DirectX API's. Then, you'd have yourself a Windows Replacement. The best part is that since it's open source, it's stable, less bloated, and unlike Windoze NT, it's fully DOS compatable.

But how long will you need it?
Only a few MS apps are usable.(without even being good)
GNU needs their own simular(and much better) apps.
Not those bad written MS ones.
    Voltaire

R. Stallman