Author Topic: Windoze is not so baaad  (Read 1979 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #60 on: 12 May 2004, 13:38 »
quote:
VexBlade: Linux has more holes then windows. If you ever come across a site on exploiting or that has verious exploits look at what systems they are for. 85% are Linux systems, and just look at Apache and all the modules bundled with it most vulnerabilities are found in those modules

Here are just a few linux holes

Linux kernel versions 2.4.22 through 2.4.25 and 2.6.1 through 2.6.3 have an integer overflow in setsockopt MCAST_MSFILTER. Proper exploitation of this vulnerability can lead to privilege escalation.

PaX with CONFIG_PAX_RANDMMAP for Linux 2.6 denial of service proof of concept exploit the send the kernel into an infinite loop.

Local root exploit for Squirrelmail's chpasswd utility. Tested on GNU/Debian with kernel 2.4.24 and on RH 9.0 shrike with kernel 2.4.20.

X-Chat versions 2.0.8 through 1.8.0 remote exploit that makes use of a buffer overflow in the SOCKS-5 proxy code. Successful exploitation binds a shell to port 7979.

Linux eXtremail versions 1.5.9 and below remote root exploit that makes use of a format string vulnerability in its logging mechanism.  

And the list goes on and on. Yes you will find alot of exploits in windows. But this is just for the people that say linux does not have holes, and is o so superior, blah fucking blah open your eyes.

Yes, Linux has lots of holes and exploits. The thing is, it's usually solved in a week (if not in a day or within 20 minutes  :D ).

Microsoft keeps all the bugs to Windows silent. A security breach to Windows is usually known for months on MSDN, and Microsoft is holding back patches and updates to make it look like Windows isn't a Swiss cheese.
I'm curious though, if their anti-virus and spyware detection system in Windows XP SP2 actually works. I personally think it's just another way to disable software made by concurrents. Think about it, how do you complain to Microsoft that your software isn't a virus, but Windows anti-virus detects it as one? Solving it could take months.

Predator

• Kudos: 33
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #61 on: 12 May 2004, 14:51 »
Bwa hahaha. Windoze got more bugs than the rainforest bru. Suckz.
|||| PRE

zao

• Kudos: 0
Windoze is not so baaad
« Reply #62 on: 14 May 2004, 06:45 »
I use Windows XP for games. Other than that, Mozilla is the default browser and I mostly use third party product as I disabled all these Microsoft certificates feature found on Windows XP.