Author Topic: My friends are lamers  (Read 1539 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
My friends are lamers
« on: 2 June 2002, 15:36 »
Here are some quotes:

"Linux made a Windows emulator, because they know Windows is better."

"If Windows is a Mac improvement, Mac must really suck."

"Linux sucks."

"What is Linux?"

"The Macintosh sucks because it's GUI looks ugly."

"The iMac is expencive, slow, buggy and doesn't work."

"Try a Window application in Linux, you can't."

At the metro station, I saw a XBOX poster and I fell like pointing my middlefinger at it, and this is my classmate's responce: "Your different. You don't like good machines."

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Refalm ]

Gooseberry Clock

• Kudos: 0
    • http://redrangersoftware.cjb.net/
My friends are lamers
« Reply #1 on: 2 June 2002, 16:50 »
And here's my favourite:

Nearly everything that's out on the Mac is also available for Windows. And if it's not, use a Mac emulator.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: Gooseberry Clock ]

machater

• http://www.ihateapple.com
My friends are lamers
« Reply #2 on: 2 June 2002, 20:40 »
I enjoy other men they make me hot. I dont like macs because chicks do. Chicks are evil. All you need is other guys to bum. So as you know i am a full on Gaysex junkie and i fuck other boys. And i wouldnt want to upset a moderator as they will edit my posts!

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: X11 ]

iCrap: Shit Differently
www.ihateapple.com

Heru

My friends are lamers
« Reply #3 on: 2 June 2002, 20:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mac Hater:
ONE THAT IS CERTAINLY FOR THE MAC IS PLENTY OF GAY SOFTARE LIKE FISTING FIREMEN VII AND IRON MAN COMPETITION 2002

You're still here?

cloudstrife

My friends are lamers
« Reply #4 on: 2 June 2002, 20:54 »
Why is he doing this?  We are not all pro-apple; we are all anti-m$.  He's not even posting in the MacOS section.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
My friends are lamers
« Reply #5 on: 2 June 2002, 21:21 »
quote:
cloudstrife: Why is he doing this? We are not all pro-apple; we are all anti-ms. He's not even posting in the MacOS section.

Very true, this isn't a PC vs. Mac forum. I've tried Mac OS 8 and 9 and I simply love it. I saw Red Hat Linux running, and found out that it's much more stable that Windows XP.

I don't think Mac Hater even tried the Macintosh, but is brainwashed by the "coolness" of Windows. Well, go to your local Apple reseller and try out a Mac or install a user-friendly Linux distro such as Mandrake or Lycoris Desktop/LX and eXPerience an OS much better than Windows XP. (I was anti-Apple once because the iMac looked pretty ugly, but then I tried out Mac OS 8 and I simply loved it, and a year later, they changed the "trendy" collours for a much better looking iMac and Power Mac)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
My friends are lamers
« Reply #6 on: 2 June 2002, 21:33 »
quote:
Mac Hater: ONE THAT IS CERTAINLY FOR THE MAC IS PLENTY OF GAY SOFTARE LIKE FISTING FIREMEN VII AND IRON MAN COMPETITION 2002

So, your basicly think games like Unreal Tournament, Red Faction, The Sims, Oni and many more are gay?
Did you know that all these games are avaible for Mac OS and that it runs fine?  (saw it with my own eyes, and no, don't start with the one-button-mouse, because you can connect any mouse on a Mac you want)

You know what? I'm not pro-Apple or pro-Linux, both suck and you know what? All OS's suck because they aren't complete. But the one that sucks most suck rate and clearly exceeds all the other OS's in suck rate is Windows. They steal everything and then are saying that they created it.
Would your teacher approve it if you stole someone's sience project and then pretended that you did it your self? (assuming that your 8 years old , because you sure act like one(no offence 8 year olds  :D )).

Maybe you should just fuck off and do something usefull with your life, because you suck computering.

cloudstrife

My friends are lamers
« Reply #7 on: 2 June 2002, 21:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

But the one that sucks most suck rate and clearly exceeds all the other OS's in suck rate is Windows. They steal everything and then are saying that they created it.

Definitely true   ;)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
My friends are lamers
« Reply #8 on: 2 June 2002, 23:48 »
OK before some idiots try to take over the quotes to let it serve as "intelligent" stuff to prove Microsoft is cool:

"Linux made a Windows emulator, because they know Windows is better."
- No, it only makes Linux compatible with Windows to make things easyer for people switching from Windows to a Linux distro. Linux didn't make a Windows emulator, someone else did.

"If Windows is a Mac improvement, Mac must really suck."
- No, Microsoft stole things from Apple, and made it their own OS suck. Mac OS is still way better than Windows.

"Linux sucks."
No, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Because it doesn't, you can run many Win32 apps in user-friendly distro's like Lycoris Desktop/LX and Mandrake.

"What is Linux?"
- A core for many distributions. Many distributions have exceded Windows in power and ease.

"The Macintosh sucks because it's GUI looks ugly."
- Yeah right, that's why Apple has won three designer prizes in London this week. And it looks way better than the kindergarten wannabe GUI of Windows XP.

"The iMac is expencive, slow, buggy and doesn't work."
- It's far from slow, not at all buggy and works fine. Expencive maybe, but you'll get more quality than Windows for the prise. No bundling, no licences, no adds like in Windows Messenger and professional programs wich comes standard.

"Try a Window application in Linux, you can't."
- Try Wine, you'll see that many run just fine.

"Your different. You don't like good machines."
- I like good machines. I don't like the XBOX. I like PC's with a good non-Microsoft software package installed on it. And I tried a iMac a few times, now that's what I call a good machine.

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
My friends are lamers
« Reply #9 on: 3 June 2002, 00:21 »
quote:
Try a Window application in Linux, you can't.

Thats right, I can't, oh well, too bad I cant use Windows Media Player, IE, and outlook. Gee, Ill really miss them  ;)
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
My friends are lamers
« Reply #10 on: 3 June 2002, 01:08 »
quote:
ThePreacher: Thats right, I can't

Click here.

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Refalm ]

Ctrl Alt Del 123

My friends are lamers
« Reply #11 on: 3 June 2002, 05:35 »
"How do I right click?"

Chooco

My friends are lamers
« Reply #12 on: 3 June 2002, 14:43 »
here are some of the things i get, my family KNOWS that Linux is better but they have problems upgrading to Linux

"i don't know how to use that sh** and it seems really complicated since you use the console for everything"

"but then how can i use my stuff?"

i love being in an accepting family of the L000nix type    
i can't get my dad's Quicken 2.0 to work through Wine so that's why MS stays on the slow computer   :(  

i got great friends too. my best friend, a chemistry student, was so pissed off at his screwed up Win98 computer which froze every 10 minutes literaly that he switched over to Linux even though it meant he would not be able to play Half-Life until he got Wine to work.
some of the guys i hang out with don't know sh** about Linux though, here are some quotes

"what version of windows does your computer have?"

"wtf is Linux, is that come gay piece of crap like Mac?" (the macs at school have SOOO many problems that's why he doesn't like them, i don't like em either)

"yer a nerd, you talk about all this programming crap and Linux or whatever"

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: Chooco ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
My friends are lamers
« Reply #13 on: 3 June 2002, 22:35 »
"yer a nerd, you talk about all this programming crap and Linux or whatever"

this is just the modern version of that guy who kicks sand in yr face in those comic ads in the sixties. These sorts of morons are only covering up their own fear of inadequacy and failure. Don't be too hard on them...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
My friends are lamers
« Reply #14 on: 3 June 2002, 22:47 »
I've got some more things, about lamer friends:

If you say Linux is better, and they are like good friends of you and see that you are a bit of a smart guy and think: 'hey, maybe he's right ?? ' their first question is: How does it look like ? Does it look like windoze? Do you have a taskbar and icons ?

This is so deeply pounded into every windoze user on earth, that you can bet 99% of all people would say this. I would say:

- How does it look like?
Does it matter ? It's the engine under the hood that counts, because linux i so much better built than windoze. Hell, i could do more things in 3 seconds with my root terminal than you could in 3 years with some dumb windoze GUI.

- Does it look like windows?
No, it looks BETTER than windoze, but it also doesn't have to, because of the terminal.

- Does it have a taskbar and icons?
Yes.

Gosh, like i said before, people think their computer is SOO great, that their crappy M$- shite
is part of that coolness .....
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.