Author Topic: SVI help  (Read 475 times)

smokey

• Kudos: 0
SVI help
« on: 13 August 2002, 03:39 »
What is the folder "System Volume Information" that seems to hide on XP partitions because 2 of my drives have these empty but undeletable folders. Can I get rid of them in any way?  :confused:
//this is how I was born :)

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/mybrain

Tip for win98 (l)users: type copy /con/con in your command prompt to increase stability

DC

• Kudos: 0
SVI help
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2002, 06:17 »
No, no idea...
I just deleted them in Linux, no problem there. XP (which I have for compatibility with (mostly) Warcraft 3 (WineX works like hell here with anything but Diablo 2 and Starcraft (*sigh* can't wait 'till the great Disk Purge and Reinstall)))(Damn, I use way to many parentheses) works fine after I do that. Well, it starts up slow and the display driver gives a BSOD occasionaly when in Direct3D, but it always does that  

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: DC ]

GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall