Author Topic: Fuckyou very much Microsoft for MSBLASTER  (Read 437 times)

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
Fuckyou very much Microsoft for MSBLASTER
« on: 25 August 2003, 03:18 »
trying to install an enemy territory server on redhat proved to be rediculously difficult so i said "screw it, ill dual boot with win2000". so fresh install of windows 2000, ran updates, everything is fine, i download and install direct X 9, reboot after starting BAM windows will shut down in 50 seconds. unfucking believable. an hour and 1/2 of my life down the drain.
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2003, 06:12 »
Its difficult being forced to live with windows I know.  The best thing is is to get as many of  your friends switched to linux as possible.  It will have long term benefits trust me.
All your base are belong to us.

bwid_s_01

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2003, 06:16 »
It Shouldn't have been hard to remove the virus though. Just boot to your linux partition, and remove msblaster.exe from the other partition.

By the way, anyone know where I can actually get MSBlaster.exe? I wanna put it on someone's Windows XP machine to teach them a lesson about Microsoft!

[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: bwid_s_01 ]

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2003, 07:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by bwid_s_01:
By the way, anyone know where I can actually get MSBlaster.exe? I wanna put it on someone's Windows XP machine to teach them a lesson about Microsoft!

What lesson is that? Don't let your friends touch your PC?

But really... how was it a waste of 1 1/2 hours. There is a MSblaster removal tool...