Author Topic: Recycle bin Deleted!!!  (Read 1299 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #30 on: 19 October 2002, 05:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by avid007:
YOU CANNOT BEAT MICROSOFT

So this sums you up then?

Go with whatever the herd would have you belive is the best? Don't even lift a finger to make things better?

Maybe Linux isn't there yet, but's it's rapidly getting there.

I think rational like yours belongs in strange cults and nazi pep rallies. I mean really.

Besides, you don't seem to have tried a linux or a Mac in recent years. I think an install of OSX will change your mind. But then come the enevitable Apple sux blah blah posts.

Use whatever you want. Ain't my problem, but just know that your justification is no justification at all.

BTW: I think you've spoild yourself for flames. You sound too inteligent, and folks who ask for 'em don't ever get 'em.

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #31 on: 19 October 2002, 06:11 »
Some of us are using Linux after MANY years of using windows.
Use Linux for 8 years (as long as I have used windows) and then post your complaints.
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2002, 07:48 »
quote:

Uh, I already have. My house is Microsoft free. My kids use OpenOffice for their homework, they use Mozilla or Konqueror to browse the web, they use Evolution to read their email. Not once have I heard a complaint.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #33 on: 19 October 2002, 14:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:

:D      i just noticed this!
yes, that is pretty sad.
surely though there's somewhere in the control panel that will sort this out for you? i have on several ocassions tried to delete that fucking recycle bin, along with the shitty workgroups icon on my windows desktop and not been able to! (don't worry, i don't actually care how it's done, since i never usually use windows now anyway, thanks anyway!      :D      )

You should be able to easily remove that workgroups icon the with TweakUI(same thing applies...only mess with the desktop icons in TweakUI and you'll be fine ;P).

Nope, nothing in the control panel lets you recover a deleted recycle bin or lets you delete some hard to get rid of desktop icons(like your workgroups icon). I had to use TweakUI to remove the fucking Outlook icon(Not Outlook Express, I'm talking about the Outlook in OfficeXP). Maybe Billy should include an icon manager in the CP of the upcoming Longhorn.

[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #34 on: 19 October 2002, 16:16 »
why would they do that?
it's top quality advertising to put an icon on the default desktop, and it's priceless to make it stay there for good. now onto today's real airhead:
quote:
All you Linux heads are partially wasting your time.  Here is why-

People will always use windows
i don't. ctually, i currently use it only when i need to burn a CD. this is incredibly fiddly and problematic in windows, and often requires a complete system reinstall to get it working, however as of yet cdrecord does not support my USB cdrw. that aside, many people don't use windows or microsoft products and you're just going to have to live with it. myself, i don't give a shit if you use windows or not, so unless you have something to say, i'd advise you to shut up. However, don't come running to me when you have a problem. In fact, if you do have a problem,  
quote:
and there is no way that Linux or Apple or anyone is going to change that.  I am not a dipshit either, I had my first Linux installed in 95 and I thought, this shit sucks.
so you think that linux can't have improved much since 1995, do you? you really do seem to be a dipshit, sorry to break it to you. Linux (and other similar open source systems) has developed faster that any other system in that space of time, by a long shot. In 1995, KDE and GNOME were not even thought of. look at them today! they rival not only windows, but MacOS!  
quote:
I had to right my own AT commands for my modem and initiallization strings and shit.  It blew.
well i don't have to do that now, so your complaints are, like everything else you have said, nothing but hot air.

quote:
I know Linux is WAY better now, but it simply cannot compete.  Here comes the exception....

aha! that was the escape clause was it? so now you can say "i said it was better now". Well, i like how you backed yourself up with arguments, surely it's a matter of opinion anyway. some people, like you, actually like shitty slow computer environments where you can't do stuff the way you want to because you are forced to use those brainless wizards for everything. Honestly, some people love that because it stops them having to THINK, which is scary to them since then they might have to have an OPINION of their OWN.

quote:
The big BUT is that it is a solid server and really nice embedded OS, so the part where u are not wasting your time is that you can all become developers or admins...but don't be fooled you cannot change the windows desktop.  It ain't going anywhere.
we will see, however you know it seems that after your bold comment at the start there, i am not wasting my time after all, since i am incredibly interested in systems and system admin. thanks for your support in this matter, it means a lot since i really care what you think. As i said somewhere else, you seem intelligent, but your comments seem like nothing but recycled garbage to me.

quote:
I gave up on fighting this shit about 4 years ago when 98 was coming out.
well good for you, if you see it as a fight, one on one, this or that, no compromises, then i feel a little sorry for you, myself i see it as a preservation of choice. I will always be against monopolistic behaviour in any form.

quote:
Now bring on the FLAMES!

let's not, hmm? i think you want to be flamed so you can just confirm in your own little mind about how closed minded we all are, and feel self righteous that you are justified in your own closed minded opinion.

Well tough. if you want to see these comments of mine as flames then go ahead, but they are simple responses to the comments you have made, which i think are a little too vacuous to take that seriously.

seeya on the forums!  :D
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

beltorak0

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm/beltorak
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #35 on: 20 October 2002, 02:11 »
from  http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-001
Getting Rid of the Network Neighborhood/My Network Places Icon

----
also
 http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-013
Get Rid of the Recycle Bin

----

I don't think that is what you need to help you undo the process, though.  Poke around the site some... you might get lucky.  Good luck.

-t.
from Attrition.Org

quote:
Like many times before, Microsoft is re-inventing the wheel and opting for something other than round.

-t.

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #36 on: 20 October 2002, 21:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by beltorak0:
from  http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-001
Getting Rid of the Network Neighborhood/My Network Places Icon

----
also
 http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-013
Get Rid of the Recycle Bin

----

I don't think that is what you need to help you undo the process, though.  Poke around the site some... you might get lucky.  Good luck.

-t.

You mean to tell me that I spent 20 minutes finding the key for the recycle bin to move to My Computer while someone else already has the registry key available to download? Oh well, I still like doing shit myself.  

I wonder if that reg key on the page you linked to removes the recycle bin from the desktop and moves it to My computer because even after I manually moved my bin key in the registry(to get Recycle Bin in My Computer) I had to use TweakUI for XP to remove the bin from the desktop because the fucker was still there(It was in MY Computer and on the Desktop). If it wasn't for the Recycle Bin icon and the Outlook icon I would've never even bothered with TweakUI.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #37 on: 20 October 2002, 21:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ex Eleven / b0b:

I like a trashcan but the Nautillus one never helps because i always use the shell (rm). So you have Red-Hat 8.0 what do you think XP User? I just ordered it so it will be in the mail in 3 days or so.

he already posted his comments in the linux forum in the redhat8.0 thread. He thinx it is good.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

FktheSoft

Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #38 on: 21 October 2002, 13:06 »
Thanks a lot to all fo your for your comments and feedback. Specially to Zombie9920 for the TweakUI advice. I got that fucking Rec bin back to the desktop in the computer from office so the D"

Doctor V

Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #39 on: 21 October 2002, 13:42 »
Today idiots say:

quote:

10 years ago the idots said:

YOU CANNOT BEAT IBM

20 years ago the idiots said:

YOU CANNOT BEAT AT&T

Linux is open source.  It dosn't survive only by profits.  No matter what else happens to the industry, since it is community supported, its not going away.  As long as there are people willing to work on it, it will continue.  There's no way to attack it.  It is self sufficient, and always evolving.  There's nothing you, Bill Gates, Frizt Hollings, Hillary Rosen, or Windows Looser 3487258732498 can do about it.  

YOU CANNOT BEAT LINUX

V

Doctor V

Recycle bin Deleted!!!
« Reply #40 on: 21 October 2002, 13:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by FktheSoft:
I will change the OS to Linux soon till I can afford getting a MAC.

Never know, you might want to stay with Linux.  IMHO it beats Mac.

V