Author Topic: STOP WHINGING ABOUT WINDOWS  (Read 1720 times)

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
STOP WHINGING ABOUT WINDOWS
« Reply #15 on: 2 October 2003, 15:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by lukiz:
Tell me, how many of you use Windows? A substantial amount i bet.

So here's my question to the microsoft haters who actually use windows...
If Windows is so bad and so shit then why are you using it in the first place?
Why don't you stop bitching and switch to something like linux...

I started my career using Windshit and decided that no didn't like it, not for me. May be for you, but not for me.

I have 1 Windows box in my network and then mainly macs and a Linux boxen. I have to have that windows box on my network. It's my obligation as a developer to dam well make sure that everyone can use what I produce, no exceptions. That however does not mean that I like Winblows or even think that it's any good. I will bitch as much and as often as I want to thanks very much.

I will also continue to educate others as to why I think it's a bad thing, although I would never force my opinions onto others.
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #16 on: 3 October 2003, 01:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy the Shyster:
I like MEGA LAZOR BEAMS

about the only thing better than MEGA LAZORS are MEGA FAZORS.

oh... let's bin this mess

OR I WILL SHOOT YOU ALL WITH SUPER DUPER MEGA FAZORS

why?

and my lazers are faster than yours.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #17 on: 3 October 2003, 13:19 »
quote:
The Stiller: may as well bin he aint comin back

No.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Refalm ]

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #18 on: 3 October 2003, 20:23 »
Most of us are forced to use windows at school or at work, and for stuff that only works ON windows.   So yes, we have enough experience with windows to make educated opinions about.  But when we complain, we are just reminding everyone why it is not or operating system of choice.
All your base are belong to us.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #19 on: 3 October 2003, 20:36 »
Complaining actually serves a purpose. Complaining tends to educate the public. When enough people are educated and Microsoft is finally dumped, Linux will become more dominant. Companies will then make more software for the Linux platforms. Then we will no longer be forced to use Windows.

Keep complaining & keep educating!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #20 on: 3 October 2003, 22:06 »
quote:
lukiz: Why don't you stop bitching and switch to something like linux...

I run Mandrake Linux 9.1 now and I'm going to install Yoper instead of Mandrake, because Yoper is optimized for 686 (I'm running on a Pentium II and I'm going to buy an Athlon XP in three months, so...).

quote:
lukiz: STOP WHINGING ABOUT WINDOWS

I already did, and it was mainly the reason to switch. I cried one day when I was 13, because Windows just wouldn't work and all my save games and highscores where deleted (including all my savegames from Interstate '76 and Outlaws which took me a very long time to accomplish).

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #21 on: 4 October 2003, 12:59 »
I'm a programmer.  I make programs for companies that outright refuse to use MS alternatives.  I see no choice, right?

Either way, I can't get Linux to install for me anyway.  All three distros installers crash  :(
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

gump420

« Reply #22 on: 4 October 2003, 22:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Angel Of Death BETA 2.0:
I'm a programmer.  I make programs for companies that outright refuse to use MS alternatives.  I see no choice, right?

Either way, I can't get Linux to install for me anyway.  All three distros installers crash   :(  

You do know that there are a hell of a lot more than three distros, right?
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

Faust

« Reply #23 on: 4 October 2003, 23:02 »
Yeah but how many are original and how many are Red Hat / Slackware / Debian derivatives?  Still there's definitely more than three.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Syrus

« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2003, 20:18 »
'Blue Screen' - Need i say more?
[Fuck MS]

Windows_SuX_@$$

« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2003, 21:59 »
I'm forced to use Windows becausew I like to Game, WineX cist money so no help there... I run Knoppix on my other box, works great I want to get Debian.....
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #26 on: 14 October 2003, 02:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by KiDwithIsSuEs 00:
I'm forced to use Windows becausew I like to Game, WineX cist money so no help there... I run Knoppix on my other box, works great I want to get Debian.....

winex costs a hell of a lot less than windows (And the programs to keep it running... antivirus and such).

dishawjp

• Kudos: 95
    • http://web.lemoyne/~dishawjp
« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2003, 07:11 »
Luke,

I don't use Windows except for a very few functions at work where I have no choice.  Most of my work can be done with Linux.  I still own a Win98 computer, but it hasn't been booted in months.  My "main" home computer is a dual boot RH8/RH9 computer.  Of the other 5 computers in my home, only one is a Windows computer.  I don't visit this forum much any more, but even when I do, I don't "whing" [sic] about Windows, I'm just glad as hell that I don't have to use it any  more.  This forum was where I learned enough to get free of that broken excuse of an operating system.

I learned here how to free myself of Windows, and for that I'm grateful.  I don't have to live with viruses, trojans, worms, BSOD's, spyware, and all the other joys of Windows.  For those who like those things, you have my permission and blessing to enjoy them.  I have chosen a different path.  I like cherish my freedom.  I like knowing what my OS does and having the authority to modify it if I choose.  I have choice and I will not relinquish it.  I use Linux! And that makes me happy.  

I value my data and documents and insist on knowing that I can secure them and that no trolls in Redmond are going to be able to peruse it at their will.  You will never hear me "whinging" about Windows, though you may (occasionally) hear me singing the praises of Linux.  

I haven't spent enough time in this forum lately to know if you're just another marginally literate little troll or another Linux user who's sick of the anti-Windows traffic here, but if I had to guess from your post here, you should get a life and a real OS.  If you're the former, quit kissing Bill Gates' ass and get on with your computing life.  If you're the latter... sorry.

My words of wisdom for any trolls here... FUCK OFF and get a life.  All Microsoft wants from you is your money and data (so they can get money for that).  All Linux wants from you is your ability (if you have it) to contribute to making a better OS.  I'm an American and I value my freedom and privacy.  I won't willingly forfeit those to my government and sure as shit will never pay money to hand them over to some damned software company in Redmond.

Jim (BashMan) Dishaw

moleman

« Reply #28 on: 21 October 2003, 04:57 »
Whinging? You must be using a Microsoft spell checker.

moleman

« Reply #29 on: 21 October 2003, 23:27 »
Ok , while I'm here I might as well get it off my chest...I F'ing hate Microslut. I have had too many years of this nightmare, and yes I use it because I have to! I don't have software alternatives and wasn't born with cash coming out my wazoo. This week after dealing with security issues and trying to rid myself of  the devil's browser I have a computer that is useless. I can't even move a folder on the desktop without it freezing! All because I unistalled IE (Internet enima), (Which yes I know can not be done with unistaller) but  I pushed yes anyway! Of course my littany of complaints goes back many years and could fill a tome rivaling the bible or war and peace.
So what now, ...........save, save, save and dream of a G5!!!!!!!!!!