Author Topic: STOP WHINGING ABOUT WINDOWS  (Read 1718 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
STOP WHINGING ABOUT WINDOWS
« Reply #45 on: 29 December 2003, 23:23 »
go buy AppleWorks and then trash MS Orifice if that's so bad

Office X isn't that bad at all. It's a shitty carbon port of Office 2001, but you know what? I've yet to see very many carbon ports that don't suck ass. Photoshop 7 was a turd, all the Macromedia MX apps are complete and total shitpiles.
Go the fuck ~

Uipe

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.felisberto.com
« Reply #46 on: 8 January 2004, 23:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Angel Of Death BETA 2.0:
Either way, I can't get Linux to install for me anyway.  All three distros installers crash   :(  

I have the same problem in my laptop so I decided too install www.gentoo.org give it a trying  ;)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #47 on: 9 January 2004, 00:14 »
i use mandrake and red hat but am thinking of using xandros. and i NEVER whinge about windows. i am able however to use my computer productively without resorting to the technology of yesterday.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #48 on: 9 January 2004, 06:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by black crow:
...unfortunately I can only connect to the 'Net under the former   :mad:   as the latter doesn't appear to have any drivers to run my modem (a Swann USB 56k V90, which incidentally is quite a good little unit     ).

Actually, they still sell *real* internal modems, free from crippled hardware.  Unfortunately, they cost almost as much as modems did in the mid 90's.  :(
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez