Author Topic: Franken-windoze  (Read 490 times)

g4scott

• Kudos: 0
Franken-windoze
« on: 30 October 2002, 06:43 »
Would it be possible to hack windoze xp so that instead of internet explorer, it uses Netscape to browse the hard drive?  I think it'd be funny if someone did this , and then send m$ and the DOJ a copy of this special version...

Of course, I don't know that much about windoze, except that all of the major source code is locked away in a vault on the HD...  It would be funny, though...
The best way to accelerate you windoze pee-cee is at 9.81 m/s^2

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Franken-windoze
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2002, 06:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by g4scott:
Of course, I don't know that much about windoze, except that all of the major source code is locked away in a vault on the HD.

Actually the source code is locked away in a vault in Redmond WA. You get *no* source code on the XP CD. Of course it wouldn't do any good to have that source code without the compiler, which also is not included on the XP CD.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

g4scott

Franken-windoze
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2002, 06:55 »
I see...

Well, the way I see it, windoze is like a time bomb that's just building up more and more.  One day, it will finally explode, and the results won't be pretty, but in the long run, it will be good for everybody...

If only people knew that they were slaves to m$...

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
Franken-windoze
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2002, 07:00 »
quote:
I see...

Well, the way I see it, windoze is like a time bomb that's just building up more and more.  One day, it will finally explode, and the results won't be pretty, but in the long run, it will be good for everybody...

If only people knew that they were slaves to m$...

Will someone call me to wake me up on that day?   :D  

One day it will be so bloated...it'll take up space the size of whole hard drives now. (At it's current rate of size increase, I think it will be in 4-5 years, 2 or 3 major releases)

quote:

Gravitational Acceleration? Sounds like fun!

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Franken-windoze
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2002, 22:18 »
Revealing wind0ze source code will just confirm what we already know: windows = crap.
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

alex247

Franken-windoze
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2002, 07:23 »
yah, see a couple of frankenstein code-lines, with useless crap written everywhere, no documentation, useless loops for doing absolutely nothing, etc etc etc.

g4scott

Franken-windoze
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2002, 07:53 »
I think windoze was spawned when gates' cat walked across they keyboard, and took a piss...

That's the source code.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Franken-windoze
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2002, 08:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ex Eleven / b0b 2.1:
I would not care if anyone was to get the Windows source code. It means nothing as Windows is a peice of crap. The whole Win32 API is fucked beyond repairation. They need to write it from scratch or do what apple did to fix it. (Use BSD Unix)

Apple didn't use BSD to rewrite the API. In fact, they just used it as the kernel.

Kernel != API

alex247

Franken-windoze
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2002, 08:58 »
quote:
I think windoze was spawned when gates' cat walked across they keyboard, and took a piss...

That's the source code.

ROFLMAO !!  :D    :D