Author Topic: why people so blind with windows ?  (Read 648 times)

mc0282

• Kudos: 0
why people so blind with windows ?
« on: 4 January 2004, 08:03 »
hello and welcome , my story of the day ...

Well i  was explaining to my close mindend cousin of mine , he studies computer enginer(however you spell it)  i got better education than him just by siting on my house and reading up some library books. but anyways i was telling my closed minded  cousin of mine, the Windows XP service pack 1 has a bug the slow down the system  certain times.  i notice the slow down for my self when i install it the SP 1 and i didnt notice this slow down on  a windows xp pro without the SP1. so he said "oh i dont see this on my system or my GF house she has  p4 2.08ghz and 510mb of rams" blah blah like i ask him what were her spec was, seem to me braging, i have amd athlon xp 2500+ and does alot work  just like p4 2.08ghz. i even give him prove  the this bug does exist, but he said the article said is rare and stuff.. so what if rare, i mean shouldn't be there in the first place right ?  especially if involving the system memory management. the reason i said microsoft is not going no where because this fuckers  accept microsoft flaws,error,bugs. because they rather not learn another OS or whatever.  top it off most of you here would know more than him , this dude cant even set up a ftp server, he paying for school  doesnt the tell you something ?

fuck !!!!!

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: mc0282 ]

huh, what?

rklesla

« Reply #1 on: 5 January 2004, 18:03 »
As I always saw it.  College doesn't have a sole purpose of teaching you much at all for what you will experience out in the real world.  All college does for people is give them a piece of paper that tells companies that they are capable of learning.

Why people are blind for windows?
I think MS for many years now have brainwashed people into thinking there OS is stable, secure, & the best one out there.  Other than a total design mess, MS is pretty good with people.  Not many MSCE's out there that think MS server's are garbage.  Most people that are opened to world of MAC's or Linux machines tend to lose faith and trust on microsoft.  Even most of them start to dislike microsoft.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 5 January 2004, 18:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by Microsoft's Caretaker:
Why people are blind for windows?

Because people are dumb and ignorant enought to fall for the total lie that computer == Windows and that if your Windows doesnt work then it means your computer is broken.

Unforgiven1

« Reply #3 on: 6 January 2004, 12:51 »
quote:
As I always saw it. College doesn't have a sole purpose of teaching you much at all for what you will experience out in the real world. All college does for people is give them a piece of paper that tells companies that they are capable of learning.

well shit, I thought college was just for getting drunk and parties.  No wonder my peice of paper was written in crayon.
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.
"No" is the answer!
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2004, 21:14 »
Because ignorance is convinent at the time

PseudoRandomDragon

• http://www.geocities.com/zonealarmprov4/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2004, 02:43 »
Some people are so unwilling to learn something new or change what they are used to, they will stick with Windows even when Linux/MAC gets on %50+ of desktops.
I am sofa king high. (Read out loud)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2004, 04:10 »
Yea true, thats why we need to round em up and send them to the camps.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2004, 03:41 »
Why? It's really quite simple:
  • They bought a new computer at places like "Best Buy" or "Circuit City". It came with Win XP.
  • They have no idea as to how the thing actually works. They don't know what an "OS" is,or realize that they have one.
  • So long as they can play games, send/receive E-Mail, surf the web, they're happy.
  • They don't know that all their personal information is leaking back to Redmond. They don't seem to care when you explain it to them.
  • When they went shopping for a new system, they never got a chance to see a Linux system in action.
  • They were sold a "Bill Gates" of goods: it's normal for computers to crash and BSOD several times a day; WinVirii are the exclusive fault of those evil geniuses, the "1337 H4xor5"; it's noraml to have to go buy third party solutions to make up for the deficiencies of one's OS; computers are just appliances like toasters (marketing again) not serious tools that require a certain minimal level of tech-savvy to operate effectively.
  • They think that "Linux" is a cartoon character, and "UNIX" are men who've been deprived, either by nature or design, of their "family jewels".

They just plain don't know any damn better. That's why M$ has been getting away with it for going on 20 years now.

[ January 18, 2004: Message edited by: jtpenrod ]

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2004, 23:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
  • They don't know that all their personal information is leaking back to Redmond. They don't seem to care when you explain it to them.
[/b]

This is the one that really surprises me.

quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
  • When they went shopping for a new system, they never got a chance to see a Linux system in action.
[/b]

To this day, MS charges full price for a Windoze license if you also offer other OSs.  Selling only Windoze gives a good discount.   :mad:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2004, 00:54 »
>>why people so blind with windows?
because meybe they do not know there is something to see..?
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2004, 21:02 »
Grammer check:
why are people so blind with microsoft?

anyway, here is the anwser, they're brainwashed. simple.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2004, 21:34 »
quote:
Grammer

Oh, the irony.

solarflare

« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2004, 20:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Commander:
>>why people so blind with windows?
because meybe they do not know there is something to see..?

People are blind to windozzzzz because they havent pulled open the curtains and looked out the window to see what's outside!

I have used macs/pc for 14 years and have 2 kids and I WILL NEVER HAVE A WINDOZZZ PC AT HOME!!!.

My kids will learn on Macs.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2004, 21:45 »
quote:
jtpenrod: They don't know that all their personal information is leaking back to Redmond. They don't seem to care when you explain it to them.

I even know some people who are aware of spyware and that it sends their personal information to Microsoft or some company in a rich 15 year old bedroom, but they don't seem to mind that at all. Yet, they wonder where all the spam is comming from.

solarflare

« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2004, 21:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

I even know some people who are aware of spyware and that it sends their personal information to Microsoft or some company in a rich 15 year old bedroom, but they don't seem to mind that at all. Yet, they wonder where all the spam is comming from.

All I know is windozzzz will NEVER be a secure OS.

I would never use my credit card on a website viewed on a windozzz machine!