Author Topic: Have not liked windows.  (Read 548 times)

wellander

• Kudos: 0
Have not liked windows.
« on: 29 April 2003, 08:08 »
Hi,
I have not liked window ssince windows 3.1.
Do you all have any commants on this.

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Have not liked windows.
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2003, 21:26 »
use linux

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Have not liked windows.
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2003, 15:32 »
Windows 3.1 was half decent.
Windows 95 was slightly better than Windows 3.1.
Windows 98 was a nightmare.
Windows ME was hell.
Windows XP looks good on the outside, but is hell on the inside.

And
VMS
WNT

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Have not liked windows.
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2003, 20:02 »
My version  

Windows 3.1 meh.
Windows 95 was a step in the right direction but slow and hell to program for. Neither here nor there.
Windows NT had looks of the Win95 stable, but was an attept at a real operatin system. Could be solid with lots of admin attention.
Windows 98 had better hardware support etc. but was still buggy 'ol windows. Better to program for.
Windows ME was hell, I don't know how they made win98 so much worse in a supposed upgrade   :confused:   WDM
Windows 2000 bridging a half decent OS base and filesystem with better looks and multimedia cpabilites. WDM. Again stable if payed plenty of attention. Best MS OS.
Windows XP has some eyecandy but from my experience is a little functiionally screwed. DRM, worst EULA ever, rumoured phoning home. My least favoured MS OS.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Brad

Have not liked windows.
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2003, 00:13 »
Windows 3.1 = "Windows halfed assed" (what my dad liked to call it)
Win95 a bit better than 3.1
Win98 a few improovments, like USB support, but the comming of the IE age
Win98SE The best home version of windows, though it should have been just a services pack, and not costed extra
WinME hell on virtual earth
Win2k Pro best Windows OS
WinXP = Win2k with a fancier GUI that takes up more resources, as well as a bit better 9x software support.

Never used NT untill 5.0 so can't really comment on them.

All in all, I'm happy with Mandrake Linux (for desktop), and I'll be on it most of the time once a game that I like to play is finnaly ported to C++ and compiled for Linux (should be soon).

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Brad ]

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
Have not liked windows.
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2003, 08:51 »
The Last Windows I ever used was Me.  Some people say I was Tainted because it was the worst one ever. I think it was ment happen.

A tip for people leaving Windows look on E bay, or something of the like, for a copy of OS/2. I saw one box set for 4 bucks.  it will run allot of old 95/98
programs (the older the program the more likely it is to run.)  Then get a copy of SuSE and split your hard drive 70/30.  leaving 0% of your HDD for windows.