Author Topic: The EULA changed???  (Read 453 times)

blackphiber

• Kudos: 0
    • http://blackphiber.no-ip.org
The EULA changed???
« on: 3 November 2003, 01:08 »
On this site it seems that the Windows EULA has changed.  Damnit!!  And I wanted to get a nice laptop from Sony/Dell and get my $$ back for Windows.  I emailed Sony and they said I would have to return the whole system and they would not refund me for the OS.  Usethesource says though that he emailed Gateway and asked and they would give him $50 for windows or he would return the whole system for all of his money back.
If this is true do any of you know where I can get a laptop with no OS or with Linux?  I would like to get an Apple but right now they are a bit pricey.  Or do you know any sites that sell Refurbished Apple laptops?  I don't really like ebay.  I looked on Microsoft.com and I cant find anything about the new EULA.  I am also thinking about contacting the DoJ cause this might be considered illegal, right? (I am no lawyer)

edit: I seem to have found one place that sells refurbished Macs powermax  can't find any more on google

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: blackphiber ]

theangelofdeath69

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.kaltemartech.com/
The EULA changed???
« Reply #1 on: 4 November 2003, 21:46 »
I think it's www.tuxtops.com
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!