Author Topic: Microsoft Windows is...  (Read 665 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Microsoft Windows is...
« on: 9 September 2003, 04:36 »
a 32 bit version of what used to be
a 16 bit graphical shell designed for
an 8 bit OS originally coded for
a 4 bit processor produced by
a 2 bit company which cannot stand
1 bit of competition.

Found that on a news forum, and thought it was kindof funny. It's pretty true too if you think about it.

[ September 08, 2003: Message edited by: xeen ]

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Microsoft Windows is...
« Reply #1 on: 9 September 2003, 04:38 »
Has been posted many times, but i will leave this thread here anyways  

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Microsoft Windows is...
« Reply #2 on: 9 September 2003, 08:42 »
hmm. it's humorous, but not true.

A lot of people seem to think that XP somehow traces its lineage back to 1985 and to DOS in 1981. it doesn't. It only goes back to like 1987. Windows XP is built on NT, which, in turn, grew from OS/2 which was a completely new codebase. XP's family tree is 32-bit, always has been, and for the forseeable future, will be (I don't see x86 making the 64-bit leap, even with Hammer)
Go the fuck ~

Seth

• Kudos: 0
Microsoft Windows is...
« Reply #3 on: 9 September 2003, 08:51 »
I partly blame AT&T for MS's ubiquitous because when they entered the computer business in 1984 and closed the Unix code to the hackers/contributors, it led to the squabbling btween the various proprietary UNIX vendors. From there Unix went into a slump and never recovered, and left MS to enter a vacuum and to introduced their software to the world.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Microsoft Windows is...
« Reply #4 on: 9 September 2003, 21:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy James is COOL:
hmm. it's humorous, but not true.

A lot of people seem to think that XP somehow traces its lineage back to 1985 and to DOS in 1981. it doesn't. It only goes back to like 1987. Windows XP is built on NT, which, in turn, grew from OS/2 which was a completely new codebase. XP's family tree is 32-bit, always has been, and for the forseeable future, will be (I don't see x86 making the 64-bit leap, even with Hammer)

Umm..actually there is a 64 bit version of Windows XP. I have it, just no 64 bit processor to run it on.