Author Topic: Why windows is windows and linux is linux.  (Read 1275 times)

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Why windows is windows and linux is linux.
« Reply #15 on: 8 April 2002, 02:43 »
quote:
Are you on cocain, Win 95 sucked, the best thing i've seen is the NT O/Ses
No. I am not on "cocain"(sic). However, that is utterly irrelevant to the point I was making. It still applies to the NT series: just minor improvements - NT4.0 -> Win 2000 -> Win XP. All oversold and hyped up to convince everyone that each minor improvement was awesome. There is precious little difference between Win 2000 and XP. Not that I really care, as I don't use either one, have no intention of ever getting either one, and have no intention to ever have another thing to do with Macro$uck or anything they may produce.

Powered by Mandrake Linux and Freedom
Computers are like air conditioners: they can't do their jobs if you open windows
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

jtpenrod

• VIP
« Reply #16 on: 8 April 2002, 21:32 »
quote:
Actually theres isnt much difference in the kernel but Windows 2000 isnt so BLOATED. it hasnt god
activation. Its not gay. And doesnt treet me like a moron. But then Red-Hat 7.2 (Boxed Set) which was $30(AUD) is Twice as good.
My point exactly. M$ is just out of ideas (good ones anyway  ;)  ) To make XP, all they did was take Win 2000 and add more bloat, a Fisher=Price-esque GUI (Yyeeeeeechhhhhhh!!!!  :mad:  ) and then hype the hell out of it to convince everyone what a grand and glorious thing it was. And let's not forget all the broken promises about how secure it would be, what wonderful hardware compatability it would have, Yada, Yada, Yada. All that and WPA too  :eek:  And just $99.00 (US) for the home edition upgrade! WHUDDA DEAL!  :D    :D    :D  

Powered by Mandrake Linux and Freedom
Computers are like air conditioners: they can't do their jobs if you open windows.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

jtpenrod

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: 8 April 2002, 21:42 »
quote:
I still use Windows too play games, i mainly use linux. (Red-Hat 7.2)
I've got a multi-boot setup with Mandrake, Red Hat, QNX, and coming soon, the newest version of SuSE. 'Drake is more friendly to the newbie than Red, however, I don't think you could go wrong with any one of the "Big Three"