Miscellaneous > Applications

Winblows Media Player?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ihateinterdev:
Funny thing.  After cleaning up my drive one day, using defragmenter, all audio through the Media Player doubles a lot of the parts...drum beats, guitars, etc.  Very very weird.  

I don't care though, I just quit using the stupid thing.  Quicktime on my Mac, running 500 mghz slower I might add, plays DVDs so much more smoothly.

Zombie9920:
Winamp is a good media player. Tis ashame I'm not updating past version 2.78 because 2.79 is full of AOL spam(and I'm sure it will stay the same for all future releases....FUCK AOL). Who else is AOL gonna buy off?

Bateluer:
Winamp rocks, too bad it got bought by AOL.  :(

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO FILL ALL THEIR PRODUCTS WITH TRASH!?!?!??!!?!

I need a good player for vids, AVI's, and DivX yet. The Playa does not quite cut it as a total replacement. And Quicktime just plain sucks.

Master of Reality:
yes, winamp does kick ass for windows, but what should i use with linux?

Calum:
i'd like to add my voice to this query. maybe nobody's talking linux because we're in the Microsoft section of the forums...
still, i'd like to know if somebody can be bothered, is there a better frontend to mpg123 than xmms?
i love it's interface but firstly it only writes id3 v1 tags, but reads id3 v2 tags. useless.
Also it does not shut down properly, it leaves several processes running which need killed by hand, and which stop the cd drive being unmounted et cetera.
Any alternative will be gratefully considered!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version