Author Topic: WebServer  (Read 2016 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
WebServer
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2002, 02:46 »
quote:
Server Error

The following error occurred:

The client could not connect.

Please contact the administrator.

is what i got from chatroom.fuckmicrosoft.com at 22:49 GMT 30 May 2002
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
WebServer
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2002, 03:09 »
damn... i thought i had it working.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
WebServer
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2002, 03:37 »
Don't listen to these guys.  Windows 2000 is the ideal platform for your business desktops, laptops, and servers of all sizes.  Learning the ins and outs of Apache is a waste of time as it has no relevence in the business world, and it cannot compare to the scalable and supported solutions from Microsoft.  Remember, Linux is only free if your time means nothing.  Windows 2000 and IIS are a dream to work with compared to the half-assed Linux offerings.

Why Windows 2000 is a Great Web Server

Why Migrate From UNIX and Linux to Windows 2000

quote:

The big question for many UNIX IT professionals and developers is "Why would I move from UNIX to Windows?" UNIX is well established in the enterprise computing space and applications currently deployed on UNIX may be running just fine in their organization. Linux has arrived on the scene and may appear to be a viable alternative for low-end UNIX systems.  

Despite this, many organizations are migrating from UNIX to the Windows platform. They are moving in order to gain better business value, a greater choice of solutions, and richer capabilities for addressing their enterprise computing needs and abilities.

alied_perez

WebServer
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2002, 04:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:
Don't listen to these guys.  Windows 2000 is the ideal platform for your business desktops, laptops, and servers of all sizes.  Learning the ins and outs of Apache is a waste of time as it has no relevence in the business world, and it cannot compare to the scalable and supported solutions from Microsoft.  Remember, Linux is only free if your time means nothing.  Windows 2000 and IIS are a dream to work with compared to the half-assed Linux offerings.

Why Windows 2000 is a Great Web Server

Why Migrate From UNIX and Linux to Windows 2000

Oh, Sure, and that's why Apple choose the MacOS X to be UNIX-based!!
And what about mainframes WinblowzXPuserwhatsoever?

Tell me they use Windows too!!!

Get an OS!!!
Windows 95 (win-doz-nin-te-fiv) n. Computer
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

cloudstrife

WebServer
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2002, 04:27 »
Hmm lets see XP loser, both of those links go to MICROSOFT'S website.  Of course those liars would say that their software is better.

Heru

WebServer
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2002, 05:07 »
Hey, Winblows Loser!
If 2000 is such a great server, then why doesn't MS themselves use it as often as they say we should?  Hotmail.com is running on FreeBSD simply because Windows 2000 couldn't handle it.  Microsoft themselves use Linux and the BSD's for their mision critical servers.

Anything on MS's web site that claims that 2000 is better than a Unix based OS is obviously a lie, and even MS doesn't believe it.

When people set up a web server they want an inexpensive reliable solution.  Free/Open/NetBSD and Linux are inexpensive and very reliable, acheiving uptimes of over a year.  Windows 2000 with IIS will throw you a good 300 to 800 dollars and I've never even heard of 2000 having uptimes of over a year.  And countless studies have shown that the total cost of ownership of a unix based server is 30% less than that of a Windows 2000 based server.
You can't argue with facts(well you can, but you will not convince anyone here).

And other studies have proven that Apache on Linux or Unix is faster and more reliable than IIS or Apache on Windows 2000.

Winblows loser please do some quality research(read: not on MS"s site) before trying to sell MS's crap.

Master of Reality

• VIP
WebServer
« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2002, 05:28 »
according to netcraft Apache is used by 70% of all webservers.
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
WebServer
« Reply #22 on: 31 May 2002, 06:18 »
quote:
Hotmail.com is running on FreeBSD simply because Windows 2000 couldn't handle it.

Actually, smartass, hotmail.com is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000 according to netcraft.

cloudstrife

WebServer
« Reply #23 on: 31 May 2002, 06:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:

Actually, smartass, hotmail.com is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000 according to netcraft.

actually, smartass, hotmail was running freebsd until word got around.  Then microsoft switched to 2k.

Master of Reality

• VIP
WebServer
« Reply #24 on: 31 May 2002, 07:20 »
lol, winXP luser #whore, They are running FreeBSD, and as such they are able to mask their OS and server. And they still definatley use FreeBSD on most of their other servers too.
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518