Author Topic: IE favorites order 'flag' ?  (Read 963 times)

lilalurl

• Kudos: 0
IE favorites order 'flag' ?
« on: 10 September 2003, 17:35 »
Hi,

Does anyone know how (in which file the data is stored and how it works) IE can attribute a user-defined order to the favorites/bookmarks ?

I guess it's something different from the explorer items order because you can have a specific order in the favorites folder and another order for the favorites displayed under IE.

Doctor V

« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2003, 18:12 »
hmmm, OK here we go.  Yes If I remember correctly, there is a way to do it, but I don't remember what it is and I'm not going to look it up for you either cause I don't feel like booting into windows.  Instead I'll give you even better help.  There is a web browser that is superior to IE called mozilla.  In mozilla you have to click bookmarks, mannage bookmarks, and then just click and drag to put them into any order you want.  Also in mozilla you can block popups, and its a heckuva lot faster than IE too.  You can download it for free at http://www.mozilla.org.

:D  V  :D

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2003, 11:15 »
even faster still is Mozilla Firebird. It's a standalone browser. Very nice
Go the fuck ~

lilalurl

« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2003, 17:13 »
Thanks but I'm a happy user of Opera (don't mind using Mozilla either).

But at work I have no choice but using IE (and can't even install multi-tab extension such as MyIE2).
That's why my question.

Faust

« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2003, 04:29 »
Oh OK.  This still may not be the best forum to ask though - try bink or whatever.  Microsoft.com may have some help, but of course I hope you dont mind crawling through the ads to get there.  People here are unlikely to know how to do this.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

lilalurl

« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2003, 14:13 »
Ok thanks.

After seeing the article on "really hidden Windows files", I had thought some people here were interested in thorough knowledge of how Windows works (or doesn't work).

When you condemned to use Windows and IE at work you cannot really condemn Windows and IE, you just try to get the most out of them.