Author Topic: fav computer game  (Read 2344 times)

sway

• Kudos: 0
fav computer game
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2003, 21:29 »
starcraft and fallout.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
fav computer game
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2003, 18:20 »
Probably all games that come with Mandrake Linux (except for a few).

I like Interstate '76, Outlaws, any Grand Theft Auto  title, Unreal (Tournament), Half-Life, Natural Selection, Tactical Ops, Jazz Jackrabbit 2, SWAT 3, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom II, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake II, Cube, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, Moto Racer, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.

And a few I forgot to mention. I got most of the games mentioned above lagally, and I'm not gonna tell you which ones   .

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
fav computer game
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2003, 03:38 »
Warcraft III, Jedi Outcast, and Planetside.

Faust

fav computer game
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2003, 04:36 »
quote:
I don't consider these new-fangled arena games to be real.

I love you.  
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
fav computer game
« Reply #19 on: 5 September 2003, 00:00 »
Descent: Freespace and Freespace 2...  has someone gotten these running in wine/winex yet? because if they have, and can tell me how, this dual boot goes out the window....
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
fav computer game
« Reply #20 on: 5 September 2003, 00:39 »
At the moment Soldier of Fortune II.........but I'm shit, I always get killed   :(
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
fav computer game
« Reply #21 on: 5 September 2003, 01:14 »
all five superbombermans for the super famicom (which i play under linux using zsnes nowadays) never got bored of them. i like the other bombermans too but they are not so easy to rig up to play.

That's not entirely true, i like bomberman max for the gameboy color and the best one (until you complete it, then it's dull as ditchwater) is bomberman tournament/story (different name if you have the eng/japanese version) for gameboy advance.

both playable under linux using vba.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Doctor V

fav computer game
« Reply #22 on: 6 September 2003, 11:21 »
WC3, and NWN.  Then several games from ZSNES and VisualBoyAdvance like the final fantasy series and the fire emblem series.

V  

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
fav computer game
« Reply #23 on: 6 September 2003, 19:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor V: Gentoo Lunatic:
WC3, and NWN.  Then several games from ZSNES and VisualBoyAdvance like the final fantasy series and the fire emblem series.

Not so much from ZSNES and VisualBoyAdvance, as from SNES and GBA...

sime

• Kudos: 4
    • http://www.azuro.com
fav computer game
« Reply #24 on: 6 September 2003, 19:51 »
Medival Total War.

Most excellent.

Sime
==================================================
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

Sime@04
==================================================

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
fav computer game
« Reply #25 on: 7 September 2003, 01:19 »
I have a ton of the Maxis games. SimCity Classic, SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000, SimTown, SimFarm, SimAnt, SimIsle, and SimTower. I was never very good at StarCraft, but it is lots of fun. I also have the Diablo II expansion. It's great but I can't find the disk right now. Lately I've been playing Quake I. Does anyone know where I can get a Macintosh engine that doesn't require OpenGL? I've been using GLQuake but I want to play LAN games with machines that have OS 9. It would be nice if someone pointed me to where I can download content for the full version, but I'm not trying to use the forums for warez or anything.

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: M51DPS ]

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: M51DPS ]

Windows_SuX_@$$

fav computer game
« Reply #26 on: 7 September 2003, 04:47 »
My Favorie games are Diablo2 [ original and expansion ] Diablo1 m Wolfenstein 3d, AOE2, EE, Half-Life, Solitare <===lol  j/k
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
fav computer game
« Reply #27 on: 8 September 2003, 04:34 »
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I like racing and fast cars. NFS HP2's car models look realistic(they look exactly like the real cars), the tracks are challenging(if you prefer driving without wrecking any), the environment of the tracks look damn good, it is fun to wreck and outrun cops and the SP tournament and Hot Pursuit tournament is tough(you will sink hours of your time into completing each race in both tournaments with a gold medal). You get a real challenge when you race players online.

(EDIT)The only quirk I have with the game is there is no dashboard view like in previous NFS games. The dashboard view in NFS HP2 is nothing more than a First person view with a speedometer and an odometer, map and position meter...you can't see your dashboard, the steering wheel and the hood of the car. ;(I can't wait for NFS: Undeground. It looks like it is going to have some incredible graphics.

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: Viper ]