Author Topic: Okay lots of office clones but any have a Frontpage clone  (Read 1202 times)

Canibuz11

• Kudos: 0
okay i Have this Frontpage 2002 Template that i had it was Made at my Old job and now i have a new comp Xp (sadly)

So i ask instead of going though the Ugly Frontpage Html is there any Place where i can Get an Frontpage clone i need the Visual editing capablity i haven't Found any i am still Learning Html and lots of My Tables and cells are messed up so i need to edit them But i want a Frontpage clone where i can Edit in preview i don't want Frontpage but i can't Find Dreamwaver any Dw Fp or Fp clones u know

Doctor V

Okay lots of office clones but any have a Frontpage clone
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2002, 07:39 »
I don't know about any perfect Front page clones, but Dreamweaver, and Mozilla composer should do the same job well.  But remember, if you're using any of them, your web pages will be full of unnecessary tags, and needless whitespace.  Both of these will make your pages take longer to load.  They will also likely make them look wrong in alternate browsers.  With the Mozilla revolution underway, careful attention to cross-browser functionality will go a long way.  HTML is easy easy easy.  You could have it mastered in less than a week, even if you're not very computer literate.  

V

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2002, 11:22 »
http://www.evrsoft.com/

1st page 2000

they are going gnu/gpl here soon it was in a newsletter

it is wysiwyg and has a lot of power tools, and a linked-out EXTENSIVE help section, including w3c official HTML code releases

and btw, frontpage extentions are not all that and a bag of shit... you can do better with HTML and cgi scripting

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: sporkme / bob ]

just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2002, 02:07 »
a frontpage clone. Sorry, but all wysiwyg editors fail to clone frontpage well. All of them sadly create much better code than frontpage ever will. you'll just have to use dreamweaver (which only runs on windows and mac and costs a lot) or mozilla composer (which comes free with the free mozilla browser from http://mozilla.org and runs on many systems including windows, macOS, BSD and linux) and put up with the fact that the code will not be as bad as if you had used frontpage.

I strongly suggest that you use bluefish'' or quanta'' in linux, or 'html editor'or 'max's html beauty'in windows instead. they'll make you write better html still in my opinion.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Canibuz11

« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2002, 04:32 »
i want Dreamweaver but every till i get its has a virus where ever i d/l it From But the good thing about that is when i get My linux comp i will Have fun Watching a Virus Destory My xp Machine  :D

Canibuz11

« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2002, 07:15 »
Just to inform y'all i Know Html it was just that there was this Little cell thingie that i couldn't Mess with the html it was like a table/cell Problem i forgot about Mozilla's edior took it in there and the deleted cell did it Over and it was Perfect but i did find lots of odd Tags