Author Topic: Navision, debate.  (Read 924 times)

HibbeeBoy

• Kudos: 0
Navision, debate.
« on: 4 June 2002, 20:18 »
I was looking into an alternative ERP system for the company I work for and Navision came out looking pretty good aside from being NT based although they were looking to release on another platform. Now that C U Next Tuesday Gates has bought the company. Should I score Navision off the list because of this development ? Would that screw me more than M$ ?
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Navision, debate.
« Reply #1 on: 4 June 2002, 20:51 »
Well yes.
For example, do you remember Hotmail in 1997?
No adds, fast, cool and no irritating restrictions... until Microsoft bought Hotmail.
Now, Hotmail has lots of adds, it's slow, totally uncool and has all kinds of braindead restrictions.

So, I think Navision will become f**ked too, now Steve Ballmer bought it in his vision to assimilate the world, together with our favorite *NOT* president-director of Microsoft .NET. (Bill Gates for the ones not aware)

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Refalm ]

ravuya

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
Navision, debate.
« Reply #2 on: 6 June 2002, 04:15 »
I haven't heard a lot of stuff about Navision (hell, I'm not even sure what they do), so I can't really develop an argument for or against them... but based on what I've seen from Microsoft Acquisitions (resistance is futile), they will probably turn the company into just another stooge for pushing .NET (the platform, the lies, the religion) upon us.