Author Topic: Cool app!!  (Read 1973 times)

Ice-9

• Kudos: 0
    • http://users.pandora.be/Ice9
Cool app!!
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2002, 19:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
Try typing:

vncviewer ipaddress

from a shell.

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Thanks a lot Voidmain, this way it works.
Can you think of any particular reason why it doesnt work when I start up vncviewer and type the ip in the box (like I do when connecting from Windoze)?
I thought maybe it had something to do with my firewall not letting the packets pass through but if it works from the console it's obviously something else.
He was sitting on a rock. He was barefoot. His feet were frosty with ice-nine .....

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Cool app!!
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2002, 23:48 »
I don't know why it does that. Personally I've never seen it actually work from anywhere other than a shell and exhibit the problem that you described.  I don't know if it is just a RedHat thing or what.  At any rate I haven't found it to be so much of a problem to try and figure it out since it works from the command line just fine.

Oh, and one more issue you may run into if you are using it under KDE.  You may find that <CTRL><ATL><DEL> is a KDE key mapping and does not work in VNC if you leave the KDE key combo mapped.  This will be a big problem if you are VNCing into an NT or Win2K box.  Fortunately it is really easy to change the key mapping in KDE:

"Control Center"->"Look & Feel"->"Shortcuts"

On the right panel, find the "Action" that uses the key combo "Alt+Ctrl+Delete" and remap that action to a different key combination (or just don't assign any key combo to that action).  Then you can use the CTRL+ALT+DEL combo in vncviewer.

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

LoLoL

Cool app!!
« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2002, 08:48 »
A Remote Access Trojan eh? You Mikrozopht h8orz really think of lame ideas... May I interest you in some brown?!?
Killing penguins while they exist...

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Cool app!!
« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2002, 21:00 »
i dont think LoL knows what a trojan really is. I dont think he can read either. He posted a bug in YaBB and claimed that it was our UBB that had the bug. I also told him to chekc his pm and wrote i PM just to see if he could read. Nevertheless he hasnt answered any of my posts or read his PM.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

LoLoL

Cool app!!
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2002, 15:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality / Bob:
i dont think LoL knows what a trojan really is. I dont think he can read either. He posted a bug in YaBB and claimed that it was our UBB that had the bug. I also told him to chekc his pm and wrote i PM just to see if he could read. Nevertheless he hasnt answered any of my posts or read his PM.

Woah man goto that site again... It sez the bug is for BOTH yaBB and UBB... And I havent checked for any PMs yet... No, I cant read, I am completely illiterate! That is why I am writing this reply!
Killing penguins while they exist...

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Cool app!!
« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2002, 19:22 »
This isn't a trojan. You install it to administer computer remotly. If the guy who uses the computer at the time doesn't want to enable it, he just right clicks it and quits.