Author Topic: Kill MOBSYNC! Help!  (Read 1342 times)

Richard Fox

• Kudos: 0
Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« on: 25 September 2003, 19:19 »
Please help me terminate mobsync.exe on XP!! I have already been in the accessories->ynchronization page, disabled all the offline pages, unchecked synchronization in IE, added a rule to the software policy to disallow mobsync.exe (with path)... all to no avail. It is like an evil demon that keeps coming back!

How do you terminate this sucker?

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2003, 19:24 »
Oh, the power of Google.

mobsync.exe Microsoft Mobile Synchronization Manager. One annoying programme you will find running in W2K/XP is mobsync.exe. This is because it is set by default to synchronise your home page at log-on. To stop this, run the programme "Synchronise" from your "Start/Programmes/Accessories Menu. Select setup, and uncheck the synchronisation options, then deselect the option to synchronise your home page. From explorer select Tools/Folder Options/Offline Files: deselect the "Enable Offline Files" option. When you reboot you will find the programme is no longer running by default. You can also remove optional components from your Windows 2000 installation that are not shown in the Add/Remove Programmes applet.

Richard Fox

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2003, 19:33 »
Please see my original post. I read the same text you just posted, and tried it, and it doesn't work. Mobsync runs anyway.  :mad:

Doctor V

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2003, 15:49 »
Hey AikiRich.  Whats the point of terminating one processon XP when it will likely soon be replaced with another unwanted process anyways.  XP is like that.  You don't own it, and can't really control it.  You may as well just let it run, or get rid of XP for a superior OS.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2003, 16:23 »
quote:
AikiRich: Please help me terminate mobsync.exe on XP!! I have already been in the accessories->ynchronization page, disabled all the offline pages, unchecked synchronization in IE, added a rule to the software policy to disallow mobsync.exe (with path)... all to no avail. It is like an evil demon that keeps coming back!

How do you terminate this sucker?

Shut up. Why do you come to a website called "Microsuck" to close a stupid Windoze Xpee service? If you don't know how to handle Windows, why don't you just throw it away and get a Mac which is much easier to use? Really, even a moron like you can use it and it doesn't come with all the bloated services that Microsoft has.

Don't want a Mac? Well, try Linux or BeOS Max, and if you don't want to do that, then you should just fuck off and block this website in your hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc). There, I even gave you a way to block advertisement without downloading crappy shareware from Download.com. You should thank me.

insomnia

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2003, 01:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by AikiRich:
Please see my original post. I read the same text you just posted, and tried it, and it doesn't work. Mobsync runs anyway.   :mad:  

Strange way to thank people...
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2003, 03:04 »
not if you're a windows user, go and browse windowsbbs.com for more examples of this sort of attitude.

my advice, to stop mobsync running, erase windows and install an operating system instead.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

ZLRAC

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2004, 00:42 »
AikiRich, Don't know if you are still having this problem but check out this link...

http://www.steadysearch.com/search?p=R&url=http%3A//www.bykeyword.com/pages/detail0/download-146.html&ts=ne&w=12ghosts%20programs%20at%20start%20up&rk=7&omkt=us&ti=startup%20run%20Software%20%3A%2012Ghosts%20Startup&sid=2&lang=en

...Just copy and paste it to your web browser. You can then download 12Ghosts. A program I have found useful for getting rid of programs or processes that start automatically when you boot windows. Hope this helps!

dark helmet

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2004, 10:54 »
I would not recommend that you disable that process if you do alot of browsing of SMB/NetBIOS shares as if you lose network connectivity, or are on a laptop and routinely go off the network, it is more useful.

IIRC it uses a very small amount of processor time when you are off of the network, it will cache it locally on disconnect, and sync all changes when you reconnect.

Lime

Kill MOBSYNC! Help!
« Reply #9 on: 6 May 2004, 15:10 »
quote:
posted September 28, 2003 06:04 PM  

Jesus Christ.