Author Topic: Uninstalling M$ shit  (Read 1128 times)

Enmity

• Kudos: 0
Uninstalling M$ shit
« on: 28 August 2003, 18:01 »
I have Msn Messenger and MS office 2000 crap installed on my W2k (that was when I was ignorant about all the MS shit)
Now that I want to kick the fuck out of them, I can't seem to find a way to uninstall or remove them. I want a PERMANENT way to remove them all, cause I know for a fact that they always leave shit behind without wiping them. Can anyone out there help me?
Ah yes there's also IE6....is there ANY chance that they didn't embed it into my OS? I'd be royally pissed if they did so.  :mad:  If so please tell me how to remove it, too.
PS: I'm talking about Microsoft offshit 2000 SR-1 & MSN messenger 6

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: Enmity ]

TCPA
DMCA
RIAA
LONGHORN

Mix'them together... What do you get?

A BIG FUCKING PILE OF STEAMING SHIT!!!

bigsleep

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2003, 18:35 »
You want to remove MiM and still use Hotmail? Don't think it's gonna happen. And you can't disable MiM unless you never use Outlook Express.

cracker

• http://www.otx.prv.pl
Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2003, 20:55 »
To uninstall for e.g. MS Messenger, use rundll32.exe with parameters... If You don't know this parameters, then You are simply... LAMER. There is other way to uninstall MS Messenger - AntiSpy.exe...

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2003, 21:18 »
ignore crackers there, he lives up to his name.

i uninstalled all that garbage simply by wiping windows and installing red hat linux. this method works and will leave you happier on the whole. it comes with openoffice and gaim which are both superior replacements to MS orifice and MSN messmaker. it also comes with evolution which kicks the arse off of lookout express too. plus none of the insecurity of IE will be involved in the default mozilla, galeon or konqueror browsers.

the only advice i can give you if you decide not to install linux instead is to reinstall windows. if i had a windows system and i wanted to uninstall bits of it, i'd simply have linux on another partition, then mount the windows partition under linux and delete all the stuff by hand.

good luck.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2003, 00:51 »
This is how it's done in XP, but I dunn 'bout NT.
Code: [Select]

But it's very possible to remove MSN Messeneger and keep outlook and hotmail.

Unforgiven1

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #5 on: 3 September 2003, 18:04 »
I don't understand why you'd want to keep hotmail...that has got to be the shittiest email service in the history of the world.

use  www.operamail.com
or netscape.

as to IE...I tried uninstalling that, and yes, it appears to be embedded...because I still get popups from IE..and I can't delete the file for it.
and if you uninstall MSN messenger, it just reverts to the factory installed windows messenger.  Talk about forcing you to use their products.
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.
"No" is the answer!
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #6 on: 3 September 2003, 18:23 »
isn't hotmail just webmail?
i recommend using yahoo mail or linuxmail.org instead.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Doctor V

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #7 on: 4 September 2003, 11:21 »
Maybe there is a way to keepwindows and permanently remove MSN messenger, MS Office and all that.  But it might all come back as soon as they release the next service pack.  There are bound to be other problematic apps in the future that you have a hard time installing.  Win2K is still the best windows, but comeon, its already 3 years old.  M$ doesn't support it anymore, and its probably only a matter of time before it really becomes obsolete.  This may take a year or two, who knows, but eventually you have to move to something else, and trust that you're going to have even less control over your comp when you do, if you stay with M$, cause successive versions of windows give users less and less control.

Point is, your going to get to the point to where crap is on your machine that you can't remove.  SO you may as well just leave MSN messenger and Office 2K on there and get used to unwanted software being on your machine, or ditch M$ shit and get an OS that you really have control over, there are plenty of them that work VERY well, and can be downloaded free of charge.

V

Enmity

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #8 on: 4 September 2003, 15:25 »
It's not that I don't have another OS....*cough* Mandrake linux
But there are things that Wine and WineX can't run that I want to use...
TCPA
DMCA
RIAA
LONGHORN

Mix'them together... What do you get?

A BIG FUCKING PILE OF STEAMING SHIT!!!

Windows_SuX_@$$

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #9 on: 4 September 2003, 21:35 »
Linux has a replacement for all those $hitty M$ Applications, Windows is not the way to go , unlesss u want some unstable shit that crashes every second
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #10 on: 5 September 2003, 01:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Enmity:
It's not that I don't have another OS....*cough* Mandrake linux
But there are things that Wine and WineX can't run that I want to use...

Come on ther's bound to be an alternative, that's an old argument that was alsways used against the Mac.... "but there's no software", yeah right.

Find it in your heart to *really* look for an alternative, the ditch M$ altogether...... Think how much hassle you'll save yourself.

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: Zardoz ]

The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

pasfr

Uninstalling M$ shit
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2003, 14:25 »
get XPlitebeta
info http://www.98lite.net/
with this you can already uninstall a lot
of Microshit in Widows2000 or XP

pasfr
PS  can i sent it to the board as an attachment ?