Author Topic: Madman!!  (Read 955 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Madman!!
« on: 23 May 2004, 00:16 »

There is a new and improved version of madman out!!

quote:
The one music manager to rule them all.  
madman makes your digital music experience what it should have been from the start. Fun, not clumsy. Organized, not a mess. Cool, not technical. Let's face it: The "Open file" dialog is not an appropriate way to find the music that you like. Come and take a look what madman can do for you.

Selection at your fingertips.
madman automatically creates an index of all the digital music that you have. So, if you know you have that cool old Indie album lying around somewhere, but you just can't remember where, use madman's intelligent search features to see where it is. more...

Get it whilst it's fresh!!
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Madman!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2004, 01:50 »
It's using XMMS to play music. The sound quality of XMMS has always been poor, so I'll stay with Noatun  

KernelPanic

• VIP
Madman!!
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2004, 21:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:
It's using XMMS to play music. The sound quality of XMMS has always been poor, so I'll stay with Noatun    

Seriously?
Describe 'poor'.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Madman!!
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2004, 23:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tux:

Seriously?
Describe 'poor'.

I didn't notice it at first, because I have these really crappy speakers, but when I played the same song in XMMS and Noatun, I heared some differences. For instance, this piece of metal (legal mp3).
In XMMS, you hear noise through the entire song, while in Noatun, it's really as if I play it on my kick ass Philips sound system (with the exception of my crappy computer speakers  ;) .
Plus, Noatun got some nice sound effect plugins too    long live K apps.

KernelPanic

• VIP
Madman!!
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2004, 00:42 »
I couldn't get noatun to play a file but it may well be better. My problem is that it is clunky and difficult to use.
I'm suprised they have any sound difference, I wouldv'e thought that they used the same mp3 decoding backend but obviously kde-multimedia has something special.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Madman!!
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2004, 01:07 »
I've used XMMS on this system with subwoofer, and it always sounded fine.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez