Author Topic: Ahhhhh fucking windows 98  (Read 1840 times)

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
Ahhhhh fucking windows 98
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2002, 21:27 »
i am more running linux and dually booting windows when i *have* to.

windows just holds the keys to too much shit i like (games and such)

fucking bloated bastard

never seen winzip crash, but that happens a lot in windows... hard crash to reboot.

i'd rather see a memory ticker than a damned BSOD, cuz then i can just go right back to linux without pushing any buttons
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #16 on: 1 July 2002, 04:22 »
If i could, i would dual boot with win98. I have about 50 games that need windows, most of them wont run under WINE (havent got one to work yet). But i am too lazy and windows is too shitty to not freeze while isntalling. I have tried about 4 times to install it.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #17 on: 1 July 2002, 19:32 »
Winzip runs fine in wine so i se it for all my tar/gz's and .zips and whateva else

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 1 July 2002, 19:44 »
in that case you may as well use WinRAR. I hate to say it but WinRAR and MacRAR are superior by a long shot to rar (the linux version), since they support many formats including lhz (winzip needs you to download severla plugins from "your favourite download site" (quote from their instructions)) to get lhz and several other formats to work) natively. Also, they open the .rar file format, which is better compression than ordinary zip.

The only thing winzip can do that winRAR cannot is span a single file over several disks. And i'm sure that winRAR could be used in wine too...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism