All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

bored friend with time and money

(1/1)

HPC GUY:
my friend installed an x-box into an arcade cabinet with kawa x and mame x emulators so we can play mk 1,2 &3 - street fighter2, zero and zero3 - king of fighters 95-2000 - and misc arcade games, finally a good use for an xbox.

restin256:
Ha, that seems pretty fun. I've always wondered what it'd be like to turn an arcade machine into a full desktop computer, but the ports and such would have to go where the coin slots are, etc. It'd be pretty hard to figure out at first but a fun final product.

And about $1,000 more for the actual arcade machine.

Annorax:

quote:Originally posted by restin256:
Ha, that seems pretty fun. I've always wondered what it'd be like to turn an arcade machine into a full desktop computer, but the ports and such would have to go where the coin slots are, etc. It'd be pretty hard to figure out at first but a fun final product.

And about $1,000 more for the actual arcade machine.
--- End quote ---

You can get arcade cabinets cheaper than that, and the ports can go somewhere other than the coin door... like a second coin door that you install.  

Seriously... the coin door can be left intact, you can wire those things into a second keyboard along with the buttons so it's Fully Functional

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version