Author Topic: Seven reasons why the Xbox can suck it.  (Read 3566 times)

papercut

• Kudos: 0
    • http://gamersonlineforum.cjb.net
Seven reasons why the Xbox can suck it.
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2003, 22:02 »
lol, i'm just kidding i really don't care what you eat as long as you don't steal my food

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2003, 20:34 »
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldent have made them out of meat.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2003, 23:07 »
well having read all the intelligent and well thought out comments to date, i have reconsidered my porition. my new opinion is:

that's a shit argument.

i have been a vegetarian since i was born and i find the idea of sticking burnt corpses in my mouth, let alone processing them in my digestive system completely repulsive. In my opinion eating meat is a culinary type of perversion for hominids.

i have no intention of trying any meat, however i won't entertain the notion that if i did i might enjoy it. that is a filthy suggestion.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #18 on: 1 March 2003, 21:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum: Member # 81:
well having read all the intelligent and well thought out comments to date, i have reconsidered my porition. my new opinion is:

that's a shit argument.

i have been a vegetarian since i was born and i find the idea of sticking burnt corpses in my mouth, let alone processing them in my digestive system completely repulsive. In my opinion eating meat is a culinary type of perversion for hominids.

i have no intention of trying any meat, however i won't entertain the notion that if i did i might enjoy it. that is a filthy suggestion.

Actually, I am a vegitarian   :D  

The only meat I eat is fish.

EDIT: well, most of the time anyway. I break down for about six months, then guilt gets to me and I start being vegitarian again. Im getting there tho.

[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: psyjax: plain 'ol psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

distortion

« Reply #19 on: 2 March 2003, 04:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

The Panasonic Q remains the best console   ;)  

screw that, its all about the turbo grafix 16, and sega saturn! oh, and with a little neo-geo action.

(p.s. i dont know if you care or not, but nintendo made a zelda game, and "mario hotel" for that system.)

anyhoo, about the whole vegitarianism thing, i tried...i really did. but since i can't plan my meals out because my life is post-apocolyptic nightmare, i got a little sick from lack of protien. so i had to stop. i don't eat much meat, and everytime i do, i feel sick to my stomach knowing that another living creature died just so i could be vaguely more comfortable. outside of the moral issues that come with eating meat, the meat industry is really phreaking nasty!

and in closing, i'd just like to say that i have never seen  a thread get so off topic so fast...
Dr kelso; Didn't you get my memo about looking professional, and whereing your lab coat at all times?

Dr. Cox; well you know what? i did...and i threw it away. But then i didn't feel like that was a strong enough gesture so i erected a life like figure of you out of straw, put my lab coat on it, put your memo in the pocket, and invited all the local neighborhood children to light it on fire and beat it with sticks!

heard it on Scrubs, quite possibly the funniest show on tv

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #20 on: 2 March 2003, 14:17 »
quote:
distortion: and with a little neo-geo action

I hate Neo-Geo and especially their users. Neo-Geo always makes expensive consoles and games, in result that only middle-class (not to mention upper-class) kids can buy it. They used to brag about their "high-tech" Neo-Geo.
But that didn't matter, because no-one really bought a Neo-Geo, and their console + games disappeared within a year  :D

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Refalm ]

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #21 on: 3 March 2003, 07:35 »
Poor Game Gear. It was everything the GBA is, and with a light. Dunno how it died so.  :confused:

distortion

« Reply #22 on: 4 March 2003, 03:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

I hate Neo-Geo and especially their users. Neo-Geo always makes expensive consoles and games, in result that only middle-class (not to mention upper-class) kids can buy it. They used to brag about their "high-tech" Neo-Geo.
But that didn't matter, because no-one really bought a Neo-Geo, and their console + games disappeared within a year   :D  

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Refalm ]

such a sarcastic comment on my part. although i did like snk's games. king of fighters, fatal fury, and metal slug...they all kick horendous amounts of ass! usually i played these games in the arcade, and the dreamcast.

brief side point, i really did like the saturn (and dreamcast), and the turbo grafix 16. did anyone else have a TG16?

blazing lasers? bonk's revenge? i'm sold!
Dr kelso; Didn't you get my memo about looking professional, and whereing your lab coat at all times?

Dr. Cox; well you know what? i did...and i threw it away. But then i didn't feel like that was a strong enough gesture so i erected a life like figure of you out of straw, put my lab coat on it, put your memo in the pocket, and invited all the local neighborhood children to light it on fire and beat it with sticks!

devlkore

• http://www.sparktasty.tk/
« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2003, 19:05 »
I have an Xblock, and I enjoy playing it, yes, even Azurik.
Don't worry about me giving money to the devil, the Xblock I bought was secondhand, 2 of the games and 2 of the controllers were new, but everything I can get, I buy secondhand, also, I'll be modding the Xblock next month, then who's gonna get my money, well, no one, especially not M$.

Also, unlike the type of Xbox fans listed above, I'm young and not business oriented and I do know what real (good) games are, games like Jet Set Radio (Future), King Of Fighters, Rez, Yoshi's Island, Beetle Juice, etc.

I'm also vegetarian, because apart from meat making me feel sick, I have no need to eat anything that was previously alive to survive, if I did then it'd be fine for me to kill and eat, but in my luxury life and face it, we all live in one, it's not necessary for something to die to feed me.
sono sain wa nihongo desu

mattymanx

« Reply #24 on: 13 March 2003, 08:43 »
I only skimmed through that but I think its a little funny.

Never gonna buy an X-Box though.  My Athlon T-Bird 900 and AiW Radeon 7500 will kick X-Box ass anyday.

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #25 on: 16 March 2003, 23:18 »
Why the hell would you buy an X-Cox anyway? The thing probably wouldnt even be good enough to use for a paperweight, and I wouldnt be caught dead with an x-block as a doorstop either. The games suck, micro$hit aint gonna make any better games, and its just a waste of fuckin time and money anyway.

And as for this "best console" debate... the original 8 bit Nintendo console had better games than X-gay-ass-piece-of-micro$hit-crap.
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

devlkore

• http://www.sparktasty.tk/
« Reply #26 on: 18 March 2003, 01:16 »
Hey, we all hate m$, ok, but the Xbox although not great, ain't a piece of shit, ok.
I bought one because I love computer games, and for the obvious piracy reasons. Anyway, games like Jet Set Radio Future, Dead Or Alive 3, Phantom Crash, etc, make the Xblock worth having.

As I said, I buy all my STufF secondhand when possible, so M$ can't touch ma money.
Anyway, I'm modding the damn thing next month, never buying a game again!
sono sain wa nihongo desu

distortion

« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2003, 00:32 »
although i love sega, and want the games they made for the xbox, i don't own one, lest i be declared hypocritical. (btw,after the one for gba, no more jet set radios are to be made. i'm pyst!

also, develkore,what does your signiture mean? i've tried translating it, and i don't know what sain is, and the word nihongo means the japanese language itself...so what are you trying to say?

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: distortion ]

madscientist

• http://www.geocities.com/mad_scientist2064
« Reply #28 on: 31 March 2003, 05:21 »
I have to disagree.  IMNSHO, the best system that was ever released was Super NES.  The three Final Fantasy games that came out for it are better than those on the PS.  Perhaps, it's not just the SNES as the Genesis had great games too.  The 16-bit era (1990 - 1996) was the best period in the history of gaming.

microshite

« Reply #29 on: 5 April 2003, 05:08 »
whoooooo long live snes and of course all the other great game consoles  

microsoft dont know their asre from their elbow.

i was watching something on tv a while back saying how microsoft would probablly just "find out who makes the playstation lids, and buy the company"

im starting the journey today - from ie to mozilla :0

( sorry for random posting. just signed up )

have fun,
matt
How do you want to be exploited today?