All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Xbox 2 Processors

(1/5) > >>

M51DPS:
Apparently, microsoft is dropping Intel and going with an IBM processor.

Refalm:
So did Nintendo with the Gamecube.

I hope that IBM's Xbox CPU is a bit compatible with PPC, so it can run Mandrake  :D

M51DPS:
And later I saw this article:

quote:Microsoft has entered into an agreement with IBM that will see it use Big Blue's technology in future versions of its Xbox gaming console.

As a result, said Bernie Meyerson, chief technologist for IBM's Technology Group, Xbox will use IBM's latest processor technologies. By implication this means the G5 currently deployed in Apple's Power Mac range.

The agreement is a blow to Intel, whose contract to supply components for Xbox was its only foothold in the fast growing gaming consoles market.

On the other hand, not only is this good news for IBM, it should also prove heartening to Apple, by ensuring that development of the G5 remains a high priority for Big Blue.
--- End quote ---

So will microsoft just wind up selling cheap Macs?

Refalm:
I'd certainly choose a Xbox 2 over an expensive eMac, even if it's from Microsoft.

SihgeruMiyamoto:
So in other words...they are using the same graphics card and processor manufacturers as Nintendo. (ATI and IBM) Fuck microsoft piss me off!!!! They bag the shit out of Nintendo..then they go and do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version