All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Before you hack the xbox..read this!

(1/4) > >>

Tattooed:
Hi!
Before you hack the xbox read this: http://www.xboxhacker.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=9463&s=1af4bcc31ae6546bc8432941fda50192
Read what LhorDhun has written I don't know if this is ture or not...but it is worring

Tattooed

Tattooed:
I hope to f**k this is not true.

Tattooed

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Tattooed ]

hm_murdock:
fuck the DMCA right up its sorry arsehole. The Digital Materialistic Cunt Act is the biggest turd of legislation this nation's made since Jim Crow. Any law that arbitrarily limits the rights of a large group of people (be it people of color or people with technology) is WRONG. But the problem is, you can't really say that it's "anti-American". It's not! It stands to defend everything this country *has come to stand for*. Greed, avarice, and graft. And since it's obviously possible for people in other nations to violate our law, it's just one more reason for the rest of the world to hate this shit eater nation of ours.

God Damn the USA.

We need another civil rights movement in the U.S. This one is against the goddamned entertainment cartels and their bullshit.

I hope they all DIE

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Jimmy James: Mac Commando ]

mobrien_12:
MS has already publicly stated that their XBOX is covered under the DMCA.  

The DMCA is a seriously bad piece of legistation which can be stretched to cover all sorts of crap, stifle innovation, and squash free speech.

It generally benefits only ONE group:  BIG CORPORATIONS.

The only way this stuff is going to go away is

a)  the law is modified in the legislature.
b)  The law is challenged and weakened in lawsuits, either brought by big business and lost (e.g. Adobe's ebook BS lawsuit), or by small businesses/individuals and won (like the company who is trying to market DVD copying software for legitimate applications).  

Expect big business, including MS at the lead, to be fighting this tooth and nail.

voidmain:
I have a solution. Don't buy an X-Box. I can't imagine anyone would want one anyway...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version