Author Topic: Before you hack the xbox..read this!  (Read 1982 times)

jpmarat

• Kudos: 0
Before you hack the xbox..read this!
« Reply #15 on: 8 May 2003, 03:44 »
In Reference to the LHORDUHN post from the first post of this thread...The DMCA is a piece of shit.  If I buy an Xbox, I become the owner of the plastic, ceramic, silicon, and metal that composes it.  It is mine.  Microsoft has no ownership of that physical box, I do.  Though I HATE M$, I admit that they own the rights to the design of that X-Cocks, and I cannot copy it and sell it.  HOWEVER...If I choose to modify it to do something, that, in and of itself, shouldn't be illegal.  I'm not trying to start a rant about using illegal software...should it be legal or shouldn't it...but I'm just saying that that the modification of the physical box of plastic and metal is MINE to do whatever the fuck I'd like to.  
Of course, I'd never buy one, because, in addition to video games being a waste of time, I will not give M$ any more of my dough than I must.
PS:  All companies that make their websites inicompatible with Mozilla and insist you use IE are DAMNED TO HELL right alongside with M$.
Running XP isn't so bad...
But I will be getting Redhat this summer when I have time and can afford to have my comp down for a long period of time.