Author Topic: PS3 will play PS2, PSone games. Official  (Read 2754 times)

Unforgiven1

• Kudos: 0
PS3 will play PS2, PSone games. Official
« Reply #15 on: 6 January 2004, 21:14 »
backward compatability is about the only reason I stick with Playstation (that with my all consuming hatred of M$) I'm glad I'll be able to play my ps2 games on the PS3 (if I buy one)
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.
"No" is the answer!
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

djphonics

« Reply #16 on: 6 January 2004, 12:51 »
Wow, I have never seen so much rampant unfounded "facts" being thrown around a forum. Let me elaborate:

"They also claimed that memorysticks from PS1 would work on PS2, which didn't. But all is forgiven by backwards compatibility. Go Sony!"
I assume you mean memory cards, and yes they do work on PS2. They just only work with PS1 games. No shit. They are way smaller. That's pretty obvious.

"yay backwards compatibility. That makes it 100% certain that your new games are being slowed down or held back by the old games."
The backward compatability is simply an addon software emulation and will not make one damn difference when you are playing a PS3 games, it will only be loaded when an older game is played.

"PS1 games look dodgy on the PS2 if you use the S-Video lead to get better graphics with your PS-2 games."
The PS2 has an option to which actually attempts to make PS1 games run better, but you can turn this off and things should be exactly the same as a PS1. It's called "Faster Loading and Smoother textures".

"I sure as hell hope PS3 has component video ports for HDTV's. That would rock. "
I'm sure it will but it may be in the form of a separate cable just like there is with the component cable on the PS2.

Hope that helps.

SameBrian

« Reply #17 on: 19 January 2004, 12:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by needs to know:
[QB]i think that backwards compatibility may be the reason for why win has so many bugs... probably because its also done wrong though...QB]

You have to remember that, first off, the guys at Microsoft are lazy and also, making something backwards compatible for probably millions of different hardware/software configurations is alot harder than, oh I don't know, making something that has the capacity of emulating something that only has one possible make-up. OMG I can emulate PSX on my computer...that doesn't mean that I can't play Halo PC does it?

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #18 on: 19 January 2004, 15:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:
yay backwards compatibility.  That makes it 100% certain that your new games are being slowed down or held back by the old games.

C'mon guys.  Drop the old technology, then you are certain that the software is not being held back by old software.
"out with the old and in with the new"

ENDING IS BETTER THAN MENDING
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Jens14

• VIP
    • http://www.runeboard.tk
« Reply #19 on: 17 February 2004, 19:32 »
cool, but i dont think many people will play ps1 gamer on their ps3  

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2004, 21:39 »
I will play my ps1 games on my ps3. The reason is simple. My ps1 broke a long time ago and since I bought a ps2 I have had no reason to replace it. Well I can slim down the number of systems clogging up my entertainment center and end part of the wiring mess by eliminating a system.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
« Reply #21 on: 18 February 2004, 02:43 »
I agree with the Preacher. I don't want to have to get out a different system/emulator just to play games designed for different systems.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #22 on: 20 February 2004, 12:49 »
HDTV SUX
Go the fuck ~

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
« Reply #23 on: 7 March 2004, 10:49 »
Since I live in Arkansas now, does this mean I can't call you asshole behind your back?

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #24 on: 8 March 2004, 13:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjames.sytes.net:
HDTV SUX

What the hell does that have to do with this topic???
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)