Author Topic: Is X-box really dead?  (Read 2109 times)

SihgeruMiyamoto

• Kudos: 0
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2002, 21:03 »
Calum...Im an Australian....I didnt insult my country. I just made a point that Australia means nothing in the console market...its the truth.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2002, 15:56 »
well whatever. i will only say it is misleading (or was, as i notice it has conveniently changed) that you put tokyo as your location in your profile.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2002, 14:32 »
What the hell? I never heard about any of this. I'm not really a dedicated gamer, but i have my sources, and no where did i hear that x-box was dead or even losing support. This shows how much mind control m$ has over us, even me. The last news i heard about x-box was that rare software had left nintendo to work for m$.

And anyway, microsoft will find a way to bypass this, even if it means drowning puppies or something. Anyone hear about its new game clones of diablo and age of empires? i smell monopolization.

cloudstrife

Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #18 on: 21 October 2002, 00:52 »
Sadly, XBOX is NOT dead.  Sega has Panzer Dragoon Orta in the pipeline, splinter cell is coming out soon, halo2 isnt too far away, konami has signed on as a developer and has already made silent hill 2, plus metal gear solid 2: substance is almost complete, featuring a bunch of new missions as well as VR training.

last but not least, we have rare.  yes, rare is now a M$-exclusive developer.  banjo-kazooie, conker, and yes PERFECT DARK are all in development for the xbox.  don't expect it to die anytime soon - gamers get the systems that have the games they want.  Kids will see perfect dark and banjo-kazooie and say "hey mommy we need to get an XBOX."

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #19 on: 21 October 2002, 00:56 »
Ya, but all of that 3rd party support is comming out now. Most of those titles are for the other systems as well. MGS2 already came out for PS2 ages ago.

Nah, I don't think this boost (no doubt due to heavy M$ handouts) will help X-box sales to much.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

cloudstrife

Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #20 on: 21 October 2002, 01:04 »
yes, mgs2 came out a long time ago for ps2.  yes, i played it through and enjoyed it, but i wondered where the vr missions were.  looks like they saved them for the xbox.  this discourages me, the reason that i bought a ps2 was FOR mgs2.

rare is now microsoft exclusive, and the fact that one of the best games ever (panzer dragoon by sega) is being added to the mix makes me believe that most hardcore action gamers will see the xbox as the only way to go.  this is how it looks to me:

ps2 - RPGs and GTA
xbox - FPSs (first person shooters) (halo, halo2, perfect dark, etc)
gamecube - a little bit of everrything

now perfect dark is my biggest concern.  it seems like everyone who had n64 (and thats a LOT of ppl) thinks perfect dark is the *BEST GAME EVER.*  they thought that about goldeneye, then when goldeneye's sequel (Perfect dark) came out, they abandoned goldeneye for the new game.  when they hear that perfect dark 2 is coming out, they will do *ANYTHING* to play it.  anything includes buyin an xbox.  as an added bonus, they will then be able to play halo.

note that i am a hardcore gamer, i prefer ps2 and i never really went nuts over goldeneye or perfect dark.

distortion

Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #21 on: 21 October 2002, 10:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman / Bob:
What the hell? I never heard about any of this. I'm not really a dedicated gamer, but i have my sources, and no where did i hear that x-box was dead or even losing support.

well i work in a video game store, and the news were hearing is that M$ is definately losing voluntary japanese support.
Dr kelso; Didn't you get my memo about looking professional, and whereing your lab coat at all times?

Dr. Cox; well you know what? i did...and i threw it away. But then i didn't feel like that was a strong enough gesture so i erected a life like figure of you out of straw, put my lab coat on it, put your memo in the pocket, and invited all the local neighborhood children to light it on fire and beat it with sticks!

heard it on Scrubs, quite possibly the funniest show on tv

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #22 on: 22 October 2002, 02:33 »
It looks like it might pull out of the Australian market as well by account of this peice of info:   http://news.com.com/2100-1040-962797.html?tag=fd_top_3

They are such fucking cry babies.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #23 on: 22 October 2002, 02:56 »
Now, if we could just get them to pull out of the U.S. we'll be all set!
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

SihgeruMiyamoto

Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #24 on: 25 October 2002, 16:46 »
Come on Calum, dont you remember me? I use to come here a while back. I was the one who brought up the topic about how Micro$soft are getting to people early and how all schools now use Windows.

When I edited my message I didnt edit where I come from....and anyway it was edited on the 16th of October which was before you posted your message (october 19th).
If you dont believe me, ask me some things about Australia that only an Australian would know.

Anyway man, no hard feelings.    

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
Is X-box really dead?
« Reply #25 on: 26 October 2002, 23:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy(Cracked)Butter:
It looks like it might pull out of the Australian market as well by account of this peice of info:   http://news.com.com/2100-1040-962797.html?tag=fd_top_3

They are such fucking cry babies.

Ballmer is so full of shit.  A very small percentage of people install mod chips, 1) because it requires technical know how, 2) because you can waste the system if you screw up the soldering and 3) because you void the warranty.  Hence, MS is NOT going to withdraw the XBOX from Australia because even if the mod chips are legal, very few of it's customers will actually use them.

This is more MS scare tactics.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....