Author Topic: I'm sorry to say this, but  (Read 4740 times)

mael

• Kudos: 0
I'm sorry to say this, but
« Reply #60 on: 10 March 2002, 12:19 »
Nintendo just picked up the biggest RPG software in the world as well .. square.  Im starting to think m$ doesn't have a chance but maybe in the US.  Ahh well, one less monopoly for them  ;) .
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #61 on: 11 March 2002, 04:38 »
Obviously billy gates is just another Microsoft Junkie who needs to get his fix of internet explorer and windows XP topped off with a bit of XBOX (Evil with a capital X)
Then a bit of Clipit and maybe a bit of
MICROSOFT ACTIVATION. And a nicely colored slice of MSN.
He like microsoft so much that he even want's to be the like the CEO (Just look at his name)

Dumbass

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #62 on: 14 March 2002, 14:07 »
X11, thanks for lifting the tone of this discussion with your witty repartee, now why not crawl back under your stone?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Mysterio

« Reply #63 on: 15 March 2002, 05:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zeldario:
x-box sucks compared to other consoles.
Just go to some good game review site:
PS2 and Gamecube game get 8 or 9.
x-box games never score higher then 7.
I've even heard the x-box crashes sometimes.

Damn, aren't we just liberal? Sometimes? *Slaps Zeldario across the face*

All the time. I know two people that bought the Xbox. Both crashed and are out of comission permanently. $300 down the drain, because Microfuck's warrantly is void *they abused the shitty hardware or some bullshit*
"To put it simply, the Xbox blows dogs for nickels"

-Mysterio

VeTro

• http://Will soon be up
« Reply #64 on: 15 March 2002, 16:30 »
Oh yeah! Those who says that XBox is better than PS2 dont know what they are talking about!

There is nothing special about XBox. And my opinion is that it is an atempt to take costumers away from Sony (PS2) and Nintendo, so that Microsoft and can earn some extra money. Xbox is nothing but a cheap replacement for PS2.

Beside, PS2 has features that Xbox doesn't have. Example: PS2 allows you to see DVD movies, but the XBox doesn't.
 :mad:

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #65 on: 15 March 2002, 17:07 »
My one big problem with the ps2 is that it's a bitch to program for efficiently with it's 16 instruction pipelines (which basically means only third or fourth generation games will utalize the true potential of the machine, quite similar as to what happened with the N64), the lack of hardware anti aliasing is also a big drawback imo.

Furthermore it is pretty inefficient with 2d graphics (do a comparison of capcom vs snk 2 on the dreamcast and on the ps2 to understand what I mean, and no, 2d graphics are not dead yet....).

Even sony admits that the ps2 can't compete with the gamecube/xbox on a purely hardware pov, which is why they have already (but not officialy AFAIK) announced the ps3.

I'll just stick to my dreamcast for now and wait a bit till the gamecube is available here, I'm not going to pay 479 euro for an xbox even if I wanted one (in comparison to the 249 euro which a gamecube will cost when it is available here)
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

VeTro

• http://Will soon be up
« Reply #66 on: 18 March 2002, 14:54 »
Whatever! Xbox is nothing but crap. PS2 Rules....
End of discussion!  :mad: