Author Topic: bored friend with time and money  (Read 1727 times)

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
bored friend with time and money
« on: 18 February 2004, 04:05 »
my friend installed an x-box into an arcade cabinet with kawa x and mame x emulators so we can play mk 1,2 &3 - street fighter2, zero and zero3 - king of fighters 95-2000 - and misc arcade games, finally a good use for an xbox.
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

restin256

• Kudos: 0
    • http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2004, 11:30 »
Ha, that seems pretty fun. I've always wondered what it'd be like to turn an arcade machine into a full desktop computer, but the ports and such would have to go where the coin slots are, etc. It'd be pretty hard to figure out at first but a fun final product.

And about $1,000 more for the actual arcade machine.

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2004, 23:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by restin256:
Ha, that seems pretty fun. I've always wondered what it'd be like to turn an arcade machine into a full desktop computer, but the ports and such would have to go where the coin slots are, etc. It'd be pretty hard to figure out at first but a fun final product.

And about $1,000 more for the actual arcade machine.

You can get arcade cabinets cheaper than that, and the ports can go somewhere other than the coin door... like a second coin door that you install.  

Seriously... the coin door can be left intact, you can wire those things into a second keyboard along with the buttons so it's Fully Functional
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)