Author Topic: Microsoft Homestation  (Read 1293 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Microsoft Homestation
« on: 21 January 2002, 23:22 »
There is a new toy coming from Microsoft. Take a look!

Microsoft is working on a top-secret home entertainment device code-named HomeStation. The PC/Xbox hybrid will run a version of Windows to form a home entertainment hub. The device will finally turn the idea of digital convergence into a living room reality. Following in the footsteps of the PC-influenced Xbox, the device is likely to be a non-upgradeable sealed unit, with a system board based on nVIDIA's nForce, boasting GeForce graphics and Dolby Digital sound. HomeStation will come equipped for an array of online and offline activities: a sizeable hard drive, broadband connection and compression technology based on Windows Media Player 8 - included with Windows XP - all point to a video-on-demand role.

Sources say a Microsoft .NET server will dish out movies, music, messaging, games and TV programming - and with a stonking hard drive, it'll also double up as digital TV recorder (

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Microsoft Homestation
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2002, 17:27 »
How much will this object cost? couldn't you get a better deal by... wait for it... BUYING A PC?
hang on... Hey! you wouldn't even need to run Microsoft stuff on it if you had a PC instead! What else, you know, PCs are already out and available!
Well, if people want to invest in this ricketty looking (softwarewise i mean) heap of crap, good luck to them i say!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

mewtwo

• Kudos: 0
Microsoft Homestation
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2002, 18:36 »
The Microsoft Homestation has been cancelled - soon after PC Format broke the story - they received word that the Homestation project had been cancelled -   :eek: