Author Topic: I'm still a n00b, help... my $HOME keeps getting unmounted at boot  (Read 698 times)

Lennon

• Kudos: 0
Ok heres how it all started:

I was using gFTP and suddenly as I was uploading my left portion of the window showed "Permission denied" meaning i cant access my home/... directory.

So I went and startedn IceWM which didnt need the home dir, ran linuxconf, added a new user. (important I also changed some flags of the HOME partition so that User can mount it. Then I logged in as the new user. Then I changed to Super Mode, and I noticed that permissions for my Home dir were all disabled! So I fixed that and restarted the machine completely, to see if everything will work after restart. But then I got a message that it cant access Home cos theres no "Supermount" or "Superpoint" for it or that it was unmounted. So I again went to IceWM, added new user, went in as root and now i had to mount my HOME from DiskDrake (Partition util on mandrake).

Now how do I fix my HOME being actually MOUNTED AND ACCESSIBLE at boot by my default user?

I dont wanna mess any more on my own.

Pls help, thanks.
Peace out.

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
just run the fix permission command in Disk Utility...  oh wait, you're not running OSX.

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:
just run the fix permission command in Disk Utility...  oh wait, you're not running OSX.

You make a crack about a MAC and the sky is falling, but you MAC idiots think its Fuckn'fine to belittle the Linux users.....Oh I forgot Your all fucking idiots.

Lennon go talk to these guys
V^%dM#@n

Lennon

Erm does it matter who uses which OS? Windows is simply a criminal OS so I hate it but why should Mac users have anything against Linux users?

Mac seems to be slow anyway  

As for Voids forum, i'm not sure they'll read my post but OK , theres so many other forums, I just thought I'd spam you guys now a bit  

If anyone can still answer this, please do.

Situation update: Now I can log in as the other user normally, mount the HOME partition, and login as primary user, so its not a huge problem, but it would be dandy cool if someone told me how 2 fix it! cheers
Peace out.

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:

Thanks for the useless post.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....