Author Topic: Xbox Runs X, KDE, Gnome, StarOffice and Tuxracer  (Read 686 times)

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
Xbox Runs X, KDE, Gnome, StarOffice and Tuxracer
« Reply #1 on: 3 September 2002, 21:23 »
I hate ms for forcing windows on people, but to have a box that has tv capabilities, can run linux and (hopefully) wine for 200 bucks is pretty cool. Maybe now I could have a $200 PVR, Internet terminal and Dance Dance Revolution box (i need wine to play PC version of DDR) in one! Assuming that it can recognize a hard drive that's much bigger than 8-10 gigabytes. Does anyone know if HD size is a hardware or software issue for the xbox?
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Xbox Runs X, KDE, Gnome, StarOffice and Tuxracer
« Reply #2 on: 3 September 2002, 21:29 »
Tom's Hardware had a review of the x-box. They said something about it being a normal segate IDE hard drive. The only problem is that you'll have to format it with an X-Box OS (whatever it's called) file system for it to run properly, otherwise the hard drive won't be reconized. And I think the xbox OS if needed to install linux on it.