Author Topic: SCO's ill wind blows no good for Microsoft  (Read 932 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
SCO's ill wind blows no good for Microsoft
« on: 4 September 2003, 00:21 »
Microsoft Corp. is not benefiting from The SCO Group Inc.'s intellectual property dispute with IBM Corp. despite the market uncertainty the legal fiasco is creating.

Microsoft Australia's platform strategy manager Martin Gregory has rejected claims the software giant is a beneficiary of the dispute pointing out that software will continue to be chosen on merits and Unix is now being replaced by Linux more than Windows.

"When considering operating system deployments, the key characteristic is competition and it's clear that Linux is replacing high-end Unix systems, because the x86 architecture has a better price-performance," he said.

"Open source and Linux has attracted a huge amount of attention but a lot of it is inflated."

Entire article@ITworld

----------------------------------------------
EDIT

I like how they point out that x86 offers the best pice/performance ratio and how all of the Linux zealotism is just over inflated opinions. I'd have to say that is the truth based on half of the bullshit I see posted at forums like this one(bullshit like Linux is so much better than Windows(BS), it can do more stuff than Windows(BS), it is so great, it is the Messiah of the OS world, blah-blah.

[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
SCO's ill wind blows no good for Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: 4 September 2003, 01:08 »
quote:
"Open source and Linux has attracted a huge amount of attention but a lot of it is inflated."

That would be unlike M$ inflated crap then, eh?
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don