Author Topic: Does anyone recommend Lindows?  (Read 1450 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Does anyone recommend Lindows?
« Reply #30 on: 3 October 2003, 04:42 »
no

why would you think you could?
Go the fuck ~

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
« Reply #31 on: 3 October 2003, 05:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by KiDwithIsSuEs 00:
I can buy MacOS at walmart?   :eek:  

that is a great idea.  What if apple did that?   Solf the OS at WalMart.  Then if the unsuspecting person bought it and found it didn't work on their PC, they would go out and buy a mac to install it on.

NOT

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #32 on: 3 October 2003, 22:24 »
You can buy linux operating systems on walmarts website.  But im pretty sure you can't get Linux at "walmart"
All your base are belong to us.

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #33 on: 27 December 2003, 02:44 »
Old thread, but Im moving to *nix forum.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

1mck

« Reply #34 on: 27 December 2003, 17:52 »
Lindows is a great distro for most people who do not know very much about computers. It is the only one that I would suggest to my customers because it is the only one that they could/possibly/maybe operate...I work in the Phone Tech Support Industry for a large ISP, and seriously...these people need this distro, and only this one!!!!

XP is supposed to be easy to operate?????????? Try, like NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The software that you download from the Click n Run Warehouse is yours for life! They will even store it for you. Yes, everyone can go online, and find most of these programs for free, but most people don't even know how to type in a URL for a Search Engine let alone operate the damn thing!!!!! This is wonderful invention by Lindows, and for the average user it is all they need, and then maybe after about 3 years they'll finally discover that intraweb thingy modem cpu jobber there where you type stuff in to go to homescreen thingers!!!

Do I think Lindows is like Microsoft? NO!!!! His original claims of making everything compatible with MS, and then his retraction of those claims was based on his falling out with WineX, or something like that (I could be wrong here). Bottom line, look past this, and look at how this can benefit Linux, and to finally give choice to people for OS's, and I'm sure that Linux will be on about every computer out there.

Embrace the 12 O'CLOCK FLASHERS!!!! MY GOD FOLKS, I HAVE TO TEACH THEM THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RIGHT-CLICKING, AND LEFT-CLICKING EVERYDAY....THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER OS OUT THERE, AND I THINK IT'S LINDOWS FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!

Don't fault Michael Robertson for wanting to make money, and no he will never be a monopoly because of people like yourselves. I always rave about how much help that I received from you people when I tried to install Mandrake on my crappy Compaq computer when it went horribly wrong, and that speaks volumes of your desire to have people make the move to Linux! If you go to Michael's Minute at the Lindows site:  Michael's Minute You'll see that you've already started the trend to eventually have people do their migration from Windows:)

If the company that I work for, actually did the same thing, then they would save literally Millions of Dollars, and that is no joke!!!! Everyday, I have to worry about the computer crashing, and we are running Windows 2000 on every machine there! We used to only have Windows 98 on them, but they were too unstable, but still even with the W2K machines you have to worry about the same thing, but not as much!

Even we were hit with a virus, and now until they can properly plug up the security flaws we cannot ping out for our job, and we have to rely on other websites now for this! Man, that blows!!!

It would even be greater if we had those Lindows Webstations because then we wouldn't have to worry about viruses, or even the settings on the computer when some goof messes with everything, and you have to fix their crap on the computer that you are supposed to be working on! I have to come in at least 1/2 hour early just to make sure that it is working! (I'm not bitter!)

Anyway, Lindows is the only distro for the beginner/most users out there...you know...the AOL'ers! So, give them all the encouragement that they need, and also be willing to help them out because if they know there is something out there that is easier to use than Windows, then they'll surely seek it out, and that will of course put Linux on more computers.

Thanks again for all the help that I have received from you people!

1mck

[ December 27, 2003: Message edited by: 1mck ]

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #35 on: 27 December 2003, 17:58 »
1mck, your on speed, learn how to use paragraphs and I might read more then the first sentance.

I dropped out of year 10, and I still know how to use them.

1mck

« Reply #36 on: 27 December 2003, 18:20 »
Happy now X11? I appreciate the time that you took to actually suggest that I make the paragraphs...I'm was/still am drunk right now, so you'll have to excuse the improper grammar.

1mck

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #37 on: 27 December 2003, 18:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1mck:
Happy now X11? I appreciate the time that you took to actually suggest that I make the paragraphs...I'm was/still am drunk right now, so you'll have to excuse the improper grammar.

1mck

Oh sorry man, im not very sober myself. So I can understand that, and now read your post.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #38 on: 27 December 2003, 19:00 »
You have some very interesting points, Lindows isnt my thing but for someone completly stupid it cant be to bad.

Your writing is good except it looks like mine when I do a line of speed.

But yea good points indeed.

1mck

« Reply #39 on: 28 December 2003, 15:22 »
Thanks dude, I appreciate that:)

If Michael Robertson can make things just a little bit easier for the Masses a.k.a The 12 O'Clock Flashers, then my hat is off to him! I think it would great to take over Bill's territory, and see him have a fit over it!lol
But, for the little bit more advanced user, then some of the other distros will do fine.

1mck