Author Topic: Whoa  (Read 491 times)

CaptainCool

• Kudos: 0
Whoa
« on: 18 October 2002, 06:38 »
Was talkin to this dude about Linux and I was telling him how cool it is and how much better it is then windows so now he decided to dump windows and use Linux.
Dam i'm good!

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Whoa
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2002, 06:45 »
And tell him to go to faq.belg88.com for his Linux questions! And if he can't find'em, email them to the staff (and ask them on the forum)!

CaptainCool

Whoa
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2002, 06:55 »
Nice site I think I'll ask some questions on there myself to.

Doctor V

Whoa
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2002, 10:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainCool:
Was talkin to this dude about Linux and I was telling him how cool it is and how much better it is then windows so now he decided to dump windows and use Linux.
Dam i'm good!

Gratz.  Just got to keep converting people.  I have yet to convery anyone, but I'm trying.

V

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Whoa
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2002, 13:09 »
well i suppose my girlfriend is a convert.

she needs to remain proficient in several windows programs for her work, and is not too intuitive with computers, however she seems to now be using KDE, GNOME, OpenOffice.org, Mozilla and Galeon with no problems at all. Neither of us have booted into windows for weeks now (actually i did once for a few hours, to use my crippled USB CDRW to burn some backups, but the world's not perfect!)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Whoa
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2002, 17:15 »
I converted my gf to Lycoris, she saw it on my machine and loved it so she bought here own pc last week and she wants Lycoris on that now as well, she loves how she can have her own area seperate from mine and do what she wants with it.  Something she didn't know you could do until she saw the linux machine.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Whoa
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2002, 19:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy(Cracked)Butter:
she loves how she can have her own area seperate from mine and do what she wants with it.

Well, if you ever get married she'll start wanting more areas separate from yours. Eventually it will be the bedroom.  
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Whoa
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2002, 20:08 »
True fucking true.