Author Topic: Lilo Configuration  (Read 327 times)

shuiend

• Kudos: 0
    • http://stuff4fools.topcities.com
Lilo Configuration
« on: 3 September 2002, 00:35 »
how do i boot diffrent versions of Linux with lilo? i knaow you use the "other" command to do windows but how do i go about doing it for another linux partition? i want red hat and suse at the same time but when i install both the latest lilo from eithwer one only lets me boot one or the other not both.
you know its a bad day when you look more sober then usual

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Lilo Configuration
« Reply #1 on: 3 September 2002, 07:42 »
Dump the RedHat, fix your problem. 'nuff said.  :D
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

shuiend

• http://stuff4fools.topcities.com
Lilo Configuration
« Reply #2 on: 3 September 2002, 14:58 »
um yah i cant do that right now as i am trying to get wireless working in linux and i am trying on both OS's. More people have gotten wireless to work in red hat then SuSe so i am using both. And Red Hat has native support for wireless which has tools i can use once i get it running. so once i know how to get both online i will probally just use SuSe b/c i like it better
you know its a bad day when you look more sober then usual

Ice-9

• http://users.pandora.be/Ice9
Lilo Configuration
« Reply #3 on: 3 September 2002, 15:30 »
This is interesting because I'm currently comparing both these OS'es right now, although on separate boxes.
What do you like better in SuSE?
I think Red Hat and SuSE are quite comparable but I find Red Hat has a more "polished" feel, kinda like SuSE being the raw OS and Red Hat being the finished OS.
I like KDE better than Gnome, more intuitive (I use SuSE with KDE and RH with Gnome) and some of the apps installed by default in RH fit my needs better , but they're present on the SuSE cd's as well, they're not installed by default that's all.
So, what are your thoughts about both OS'es?
He was sitting on a rock. He was barefoot. His feet were frosty with ice-nine .....

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Lilo Configuration
« Reply #4 on: 4 September 2002, 06:57 »
To get started in Linux, I tried 2:
Redhat 7.2, and Mandrake 8.1

Both required my input to partition the hard drive, and since I didn't know what Linux needed, it took a long time to figure out. Anyway, I finally figured out enough to do the install, and guess what, (my computer at the time was a Presario 4880) neither distro would boot up. Computer problem? Maybe. Frustrated? Yes.

Finally, I found a copy of Suse 7.3 cheap. Results?:

Braindead install! Flawless LILO bootloader! Beautiful GUI! All the apps that I need.

You should read my post in "Easiest way to Linux"

Anyway, I like it! I can't find any reason to try Redhat at all.

SuSe is in United Linux, while Redhat is not, and does not want to join in.

I think SuSe is leading the way to a desktop Linux.
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!